Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Use VU+ HDD as NFS server for Kodi on Nvidia Shied TV

Title
    Thanks

Question Use VU+ HDD as NFS server for Kodi on Nvidia Shied TV

Is it possible to connect to the Vu+ HDD via NFS from Kodi on Nvidia Shield TV?

I have tried enabling NFS in menu (OpenVix) and it is running. Have edited the etc/exports and restarted

/media/hdd/ 192.168.x.x/24(rw,all_squash,sync,no_subtree_check)

But Kodi on Nvidia Shield does not connect. Most NFS Vu+ tutorials are about NFS to another receiver, so I think maybe something more is needed in the config or is it possible at all?

I do not think Kodi supports NFS ver. 4

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    does Shield find other NFS sources? I have Android TV and Fire TV boxes and nfs seems to be not working on Android devices as they also do not find my NAS.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Kodi has a built in PVR client, that allows you to watch live TV, watch recordings, set up recordings etc.

Title
    Thanks
    I do not have any other NFS sources to test with. Working thorugh SMB and FTP so not a biggie but NFS is supposed to be best. I use the harddrive in the Vu+ for more than recordings.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by linuxtv View Post
    I do not have any other NFS sources to test with. Working thorugh SMB and FTP so not a biggie but NFS is supposed to be best. I use the harddrive in the Vu+ for more than recordings.
    I put a .mkv file into the movies folder, then on Kodi opened recordings on the pvr found the file and it played perfectly. so you can use it for other things than recordings but really depends on what you want it for