Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: looking for advice on lnb adaptor type to get

Title
    Thanks

looking for advice on lnb adaptor type to get

looking for advice on lnb adaptor type to get for https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...e-lnb-2-legacy this is current lnb holder https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

also here is picture of current lnb

20210320_sky-dish.jpg
    20210320_dish2.jpg

At the moment I have sky box in living room and zgemma h9 combo in bedroom both running off seperate feeds from sky quad lnb.

I am going to purchase zgemma h7s with GT-S2DCSS24 and GT-Sat GT-SP21 2 Way Satellite Splitter 5-2400MHz DC Pass Suitable for Unicable. feed the h7s from unicable lnb to splitter and sky box from lecacy connection on unicable lnb.

I also have WOS 97cm motorsced dish kit with technomate gold single lnb I purchased last march still to get that put up but will eventually be also including that in the system.

will i need to eventually purchase a GT-Sat GTPI1 Unicable / Universal LNB Power Inserter for the motorised dish ?
    Last edited by urie; 20-03-21 at 12:37.

Title
    Thanks

looking for advice on lnb adaptor type to get

I have made post in https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post511817 think it should have been in this section.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    That is a Mk3 sky dish. You will have to hunt around for the holder/adapter for it. It slides inside the arm. Mk4 dish ones clip over the arm. Anther option is to use a non-sky lnb holder, drill hole in dish arm and fix holder with nut and bolt.
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 21-03-21 at 19:51. Reason: slights > slides

Title
    Thanks
    I have found this typehttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/352584179793? I could probably put slide it over top of arm and drill through. think I have changed my mind wth reguards to the h7s think I will go all out a get the https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...ue_uhd_quad_4k just need to wait untill they are available is it possible to multiboot this stb simmilar the zgemma h9 combo.

Title
    Thanks
    You can multiboot the H7S as well. That adaptor looks ok but it does say out of stock on that link. Why ywould you need the GT-Sat GTPI1 Unicable / Universal LNB Power Inserter?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bmitie View Post
    You can multiboot the H7S as well. That adaptor looks ok but it does say out of stock on that link. Why ywould you need the GT-Sat GTPI1 Unicable / Universal LNB Power Inserter?
    I was thinking about later on when I setup the motorised dish, is the power inserter not needed with unicable. the lnb adapter is not out of stock
    Yes I know the h7s has multiboot build it but I think I have may go for the Gigablue UHD Quad 4K does that have multiboot i.e. different partitions like the zgemmas or do you need to install it on micro sd card if so does that not slow it down ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    The LNB has a chip, it needs power. You can power it using the receiver or using a power inserter. The power inserter is not needed, it is optional. The benefit of using an inserter is that the LNB is always powered on, so you don't have to wait for it to power on. (There was an issue with the Gigablues some time ago where the LNB power was being switched off causing tuning problems, this may where the conception of need came from.)

The multi-boot is on internal flash memory.

Are you planning to put the unicable LNB on your motorised dish?

Title
    Thanks
    I was just going to put the unicable lnb on to the fixed sky dish. But unicable lnb will be later on cannot afford the Gigablue and unicable lnb at the same time or may just get the unicable lnb and forget internal hard drive stick usb thumbdrive in it for the moment.
    Last edited by urie; 21-03-21 at 17:42.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to urie For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (21-03-21)

Title
    Thanks
    If you do change from standard to Unicable LNB completely reflash and start from scratch, it will make life easier

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JonMMM For This Useful Post:

urie (21-03-21)