Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LNB skew setup for zone 2 dish Fta 28.2e

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Let's continue in one thread to get you sorted easily. I have closed the the CNN HD thread. The faceplate thread may be relevant as well as your upgrading LNB on motorised dish.

Are you still using a splitter?
    Please draw a diagram of your complete setup. All TV, splitters, faceplates.
    Please post a screenshot of the scan settings you are using in Enigma2

I chose the above config to avoid signal conflicts when i was using a sat splitter between the 2 tvs which I then learnt that it causes channel conflict problems.

Please draw a diagram of your complete setup. All TV, splitters, faceplates.

Please post a screenshot of the. scan settings you are using in Enigma2

Title
    Thanks
    screen dump is not working i did see tutorial,
    when i tried its says Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168....
    The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
    No spliter used
    see attachements
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ALIEN1X For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (21-03-21)

Title
    Thanks
    That LNB is too far in. You ought to move it back.

If that does not solve it, take the faceplate off, use a barrel connector to connect the wires.

If screenshot is not working, double check IP address. Otherwise take a picture using your phone and camera.

Title
    Thanks
    I can try to move the lnb back but by how much?
    I could move it back if unitll I get a imprpved signal using satv meter?

At present I get approx 85-90% signal qiuality, 10714mhz gives 100%
    I will try the screen shot again or use a camera
    Last edited by ALIEN1X; 21-03-21 at 11:13. Reason: typo

Title
    Thanks
    You adjust the lnb by checking a horizontal channel and then a vertical channel. For that LNB I think you should move it all the way back so neck of lnb is hitting collar. ITV is V and BBC is H. All from memory. You dont need a sat meter or the ineternet. Use the old way, get a good picture and signal reading. What box and image are you using?

Title
    Thanks
    My box is Extrend ET8500 linux E2 box

Title
    Thanks
    LNB should be all the way to the collar. See attached picture.
    Edit: Another user has posted a picture of theirs here: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post511817

Can you please post a pictures of:
    The LNB once you move it.
    Scan settings you use on your Xtrend.
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 21-03-21 at 17:55. Reason: Link to other user's thread

Title
    Thanks
    I have now pushed lnb back to collar
    maintained scew of -20.4 Based on online sat calculator
    Performed channel scan of FTA channels at 28.2e and get 426 CHANNELS on ET8500 box
    I tried a scan on my samsung smart tv inbuit sat tuner an that gave me 1185 Channels fta tv ONLY
    Both metghods did not give me for example CNN-HD, CNBC-HD etc I assume some of these channels have ot be manually scanned.
    Manual scan ON samsung TV has limited oprtions on symbol rates to choose and no option to type it in, but allows to type in the H and V values
    I have posted the scan settings and results on my ET8500SAM_6188.jpgSAM_6189.jpgSAM_6190.jpg

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Are you only getting horizontal channels? If so your skew is wrong or else you have a faulty lnb. Would you ever buy or borrow a satellite meter. Even the cheap 5 pound analog meters will do the job to maximize the signal.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Don't enable the "free channels only" mode and scan again please. Report back with how many services your scan finds.

Title
    Thanks
    this is another scan without free channels

Title
    Thanks
    this is scan with network enabled FTA scan

Title
    Thanks
    Your dish/LNB is slightly out of alignment. You will need to make very minor adjustment.

Please stop enabling clear before scan for now. What is the IP address of your receiver.

Go to Signal finder. Select predefined transponder, select the transponder for CNN HD. Press on edges of dish one by one and see if signal improves. If you can't see signal level from where dish is, get a helper to watch while you tweak. There are apps available on phone to show signal levels too. If everything is correct, you should get 850+ channels on your Xtrend.

Please forget the TV for now.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Your dish/LNB is slightly out of alignment. You will need to make very minor adjustment.

Please stop enabling clear before scan for now. What is the IP address of your receiver.

Go to Signal finder. Select predefined transponder, select the transponder for CNN HD. Press on edges of dish one by one and see if signal improves. If you can't see signal level from where dish is, get a helper to watch while you tweak. There are apps available on phone to show signal levels too. If everything is correct, you should get 850+ channels on your Xtrend.

Please forget the TV for now.
    I will try the above but will have to use my sat meter while touching edges of dish, at presnet it is 85-90% signal level/quality
    I have also attached pics of LNB as requested before, the LNB is set at -20.4 for LAT:51.5649, LONG:0.2085 for 28.2e
    The ip of Extrend reciver is 192.168.1.19

Title
    Thanks
    OK I have now adjusted LNB and dish as best can approx 80% signal quality
    If I go to singal findder I can scan and find individually the following
    Bloomberg HD 11686v 23000 s/r
    CNN HD 11671H 2300 S/R
    CNBC HD 12285V 27500S/R
    I did another scan and could only pick up 710 channels which may mean I have to manally scan missing channels that that I want.
    Not sure how to add manually scaned chanels to existing channel list.
    See acttached scan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast