Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LNB skew setup for zone 2 dish Fta 28.2e

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    That LNB is turned too much. Straighten it up a bit so it is half the twist you have now.

Title
    Thanks
    Which image is on the Xtrend? There should be a function to update xml file, update the xml file before next scan please.

Title
    Thanks
    You mean turn the LNB from -20.4 back to -10.4?
    My currnet image is 5.1.025
    I will update my xml file

Title
    Thanks
    I have now turned rotated my LNB From -20 to -10
    I have updated my xml file
    current image is vix 5.1.025
    Rebooted
    re-scanned channels on 28.2e
    channels found including scrambled, no network scan = 879
    I get Bloomberg HD, CNN HD, CNBC HD picked up

hope all that above is ok?

now that leaves me the tv built in sat tunner?

Title
    Thanks
    Most probably sorted. Good work. I also got 879. However, we recently changed the services that are considered valid. Previously it used to be 950+ services found, so that may be a reason for slight difference. I am only guessing, it could be just a coincidence. Can you try on 5.4 008 please?

Once your E2 receiver is getting all services, we will know for definite that the dish/lnb are aligned properly. A scan on your TV should then find all the services on 28.2.

Just for reference purposes, pasting the following should get you a screenshot. Don't worry about it if it doesn't work.
    Code:
    http://192.168.1.19/grab?format=jpg

Title
    Thanks
    im upgrading from 5.1.025 to 5.4.008 as advised.
    The upgrade process has frozen for over 10mins what I see is the open vix support page - blue coolour screen
    the vix iocon has stoped wizzing round and is just static for 10mins +

Title
    Thanks
    You can't update between image ranges. You must flash. If image manager is not working, try by USB

Title
    Thanks
    I was using USB, had to try the second time and it worked.
    scanned channels agiain including scrambled, no network scan, keeping existing channels = 500
    tried it again including scrambled, no network scan, keeping existing channels = 879

the samsung smart tv sat tunner finds more channels =1326 but again it miss out bloomberg HD, CNN HD AND CBNC HD, it kind of shows these as web streams under TVplus so one needs internet connection always
    the manula scan on the tv is not that great

another question is how do I setup upper and lower osilators on LNB thats what it asks for on tv currently set as lower:9750mhzmhz,, upper:10600, transponder 10714h/L

Title
    Thanks
    whats the model of the tv? Are you deleting channels on the tv before you scan? 1326 is a lot even including radio. Lnb has 4 ranges.

Title
    Thanks
    The TV is a Samsung UE43TU8507
    I'm not deleting channels when i scan for fta TV only or all channels
    I will try to scan again on TV as not done done this since altering the dish for the linux box.I will try for for all servcies including scramled and and network

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIEN1X View Post

another question is how do I setup upper and lower osilators on LNB thats what it asks for on tv currently set as lower:9750mhzmhz,, upper:10600, transponder 10714h/L
    I assume the LNB is suitable 28.2E in which case the TV or Set Top Box (STB) will select automatically the correct local oscillator frequencies when you select the TV channel/transponder.

On a traditional/legacy LNB there are 4 modes of operation and to switch between the modes the tuner connected to the output of the LNB sends back up up the cable 3 possible control signals.
    1) 12.5V to 14.5V dc
    2) 15.5 to 18V dc
    3) a 22kHz tone of around 0.5V peak to peak

These select one of the 4 modes
    12.5V to 14.5V with no tone = vertical polarisation low band
    12.5V to 14.5V with tone = vertical polarisation high band
    15.5V to 18V with no tone = horizontal polarisation low band
    15.5V to 18V with tone = horizontal polarisation high band

The low and high bands refer to the local oscillator frequencies of 9750MHz (9.75GHz) and 10600MHz (10.6GHz) - the frequencies you are asking about.
    Last edited by adm; 23-03-21 at 14:32.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    I had a quick look at the guide and it says when searching have it on auto. If you enter values it will only scan certain transponders. The channels you are not getting, ie CNN HD etc are in the highest frequency band. the guide is not very clear.

Title
    Thanks
    There is something wrong. Why would you get 500 on one scan and 879 on another scan using identical hardware?

Some LNBs exhibit a fault when two devices are accessing it. Disconnect the wires to TV and scan using Xtrend. If you consistently get 850+ services, then LNB could be faulty. Other probability is the faceplate.

Your dish/LNB are aligned correctly. Don't be tempted to adjust it.

Title
    Thanks
    I did auto scan on samsung smart tv sat tunner:
    For all channels I got 1287(with network on as there no option in auto mode and channel clear on)
    with FTA (FREE channels only option I got 1271 channels

I tried manual scan and got 608 tv channels

None of the scans gave me Bloomberg HD, CNN HD, I did get CNBC HD, all these missing broadcast channels appear as HD or 4k live streams under TV plus via internest connection.

I have a feeling that the samsung tunner has been designed to offer some of the channels as streams under TVplus

Also the scan options for all FTA channels for built in TV tunners appear very limited I guess they were intended for Freesat use although they have options for scrambled, free channels as well as freesat

Title
    Thanks
    I really apprecaited everyones help for setting up my Extrend box and sat dish. Thankyou
    No I know tv builtin tuners a quite lame

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ALIEN1X For This Useful Post:

bmitie (24-03-21)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123