Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gigablue 4K receivers and USB tuners

Title
    Thanks
    Apparently HDF does the trick. I dont have the box to try myself.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @Abu - thanks for confirming about the USB tuner

@bmitie - if I get a box I will give a HDF image a try

Still considering my options - more reading to do!!
    CT ET9000, Xtrend ET4000
    T90 Wavefrontier 5W-1W-5E-13E-19E-28E, Old Lidl dish 28E

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    I tried hdfreaks (openhdf-6.5-gbue4k-94-20210128_usb.zip) same thing for me. USB tuners do not work. Scan finds nothing using the USB tuner. Selecting a service results in a blank screens. It is fine with the designated tuners.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (13-03-21),bmitie (12-03-21),white_westie (13-03-21)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Got my hands on a shiny new Gigablue UE 4K stb 2 weeks ago, so I thought I should update the thread on my findings.

Basically I am trying to get a Sony PlayTV usb dual dvb-t tuner working on this box - it uses the dib0700 driver pack.

Box came with Teamblue 6.4 installed, so installed the drivers, rebooted, configured them, but a scan returned nothing!
    Tried the oldest version of 6.4 as well as the 6.3 versions - nothing scanned.

Decided to install the extra dvb-s2x tuner in the pnp slot, and tried the images again - no change.

So downloaded all the images from openpli, openvix, openatv, teamblue and openhdf I could find taking the oldest/latest from each major version.

For each I did the following:-
    fresh flash, no restore, minimum configuration (display + network), downloaded dib0700 drivers, rebooted, configured dvb-t tuners and attempted scan.

All failed to scan and find anything except 2
    openvix 5.1.003 20180828
    openpli 6.2 20190512

Both found all the channels on the 2 tp/channels we have in Ireland.

Common thing between them, is that both used the drivers from 20180405.
    Did a checksum on the driver files in each image, and they matched exactly.

Using the github history on the gigablue-platform-util-gb7252.bb file, I could see the next driver pack was dated 20180914.
    This coincided with a change in the bcm sdk
    Code:
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/commit/e05da7f15ec22231ad6bfbc438f70973fe8c33f0
    [GigaBlue | gb7252] update build

* Update drivers to new BCM SDK
    * add opengl Support
    * add Kodi Support
    * add Chrome-WEB Browser
    * add Youtube.TV
    * add Bluetooth Audio Support (need optional BCM Bluetooth USB Adpater)
    * add QT HBBTV Support
    * add Support for new Gigablue DVB-S2X Single and Dualtuner with Multistream
    * update LCD modes to only support regular modes (no more pip in lcd)
    * Info: Quadpip at the moment only supports 1080i and 2160p as video resolution (the fix to support 720p and 1080p is coming later)
    * remove support of 480 and 576 video resolution - new BCM SDK dropped that
    Had a look at the driver pack, and it's also the first occurrence of the file dvb.ko, so its a different set of files than the working set.

Not sure if it means anything, but for all the images I tried (except 1 openhdf), the tuners were recognised, they could be configured, and using the Signal/Satellite panel, the tuner could be selected, so could the 2 tps/channels, and in each case a signal level was detected and a signal lock was shown.
    So I assuming then that the code was able to talk/control the tuner and also get some feedback from it at a tp level.

So a question for any of you guys who have a better understanding how the code, drivers and tuners all hang together - do you think this is a driver issue?
    maybe something left out in the conversion to the new sdk etc

It would be cool if I could get it working with the later images - 12 tuners available in 1 box is useful.

TIA
    WW
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 06-04-23 at 17:03. Reason: add driver change link
    CT ET9000, Xtrend ET4000

6. The Following User Says Thank You to white_westie For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (08-04-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts

Can you use USB DVT-T (PlayTV) as extra tuner with Gigablue UHD stbs?

It’s a driver issue with your receiver. Has been reported on different threads on this forum also. Don’t think it will be fixed anytime soon either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @Andy - thanks for the confirmation.
    Am I correct in saying that the Gigablue UE, QUAD and TRIO all share the same drivers, so would have the same problem? What about the X3?
    Possibly looking for a box with dual dvb-s2 mis tuners and dual dvb-t tuners - dont think any exist hence looking at what boxes support usb tuners!
    Any insights on the Octogan SF8008 or Zgemma Hxx boxes?

TIA
    WW
    CT ET9000, Xtrend ET4000

Title
    Thanks
    Would not the 8 Sat and 2 T tuners on the Gigablue UE be enough?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by white_westie View Post
    Am I correct in saying that the Gigablue UE, QUAD and TRIO all share the same drivers, so would have the same problem? What about the X3?
    Possibly looking for a box with dual dvb-s2 mis tuners and dual dvb-t tuners - dont think any exist hence looking at what boxes support usb tuners!

TIA
    WW
    The Giga UE/Quad4K and Trio are different architecture receivers. Trio is HiSilicon and is like the sf8008.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JonMMM View Post
    Would not the 8 Sat and 2 T tuners on the Gigablue UE be enough?
    Jon, for most people it should be - freesat on sat tuners, cable or freeview/saorview on the optional hybrid tuner, a perfect box.
    However, I still look at stuff on Astra 19E and Hotbird 13E so the extra tuners are not much benefit.
    Am also trying to pull in the French/Italian multistream channels on 5W, so need dvb-s2 tuners that support multistrem (unfortunately the fbc tuners do not), hence the search for the odd tuner combination!
    CT ET9000, Xtrend ET4000

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    The Giga UE/Quad4K and Trio are different architecture receivers. Trio is HiSilicon and is like the sf8008.
    Twol, thanks for info, must look at the tuner specs a bit closer in the future!
    Last question - my understanding is that the current crop of fbc tuners do not support multistream, is that a hardware or driver restriction?
    If it is driver related, do you see that changing in the future?

TIA
    WW
    CT ET9000, Xtrend ET4000

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by white_westie View Post

TIA
    WW
    The SF8008 and Zgemma H7S will work fine with saorview. I have both of them and currently using the H7S as it is a triple tuner- 1 terrestrial and 2 x satellite tuners. It also has the bonus of being able to house a 2.5" HDD which a lot of the new low footprint models don't.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    The SF8008 and Zgemma H7S will work fine with saorview. I have both of them and currently using the H7S as it is a triple tuner- 1 terrestrial and 2 x satellite tuners. It also has the bonus of being able to house a 2.5" HDD which a lot of the new low footprint models don't.
    Ronand - wondering did you have any reason to try a usb tuner with either?
    I have 2 Sony PlayTV dual usb tuners which I have used with my xtrend's for the last few years, so looking to see if they will work with the later generations boxes.
    As you can see above, they dont, and probably never will with the Gigablue boxes.
    We only have 2 tp's on Saorview, so a dual tuner will allow for watching/recording on all channels on multiple boxes (with fallback configured).
    Complication is that I am looking for dvb-s2x multistream tuners as well.
    CT ET9000, Xtrend ET4000

Title
    Thanks
    but you also said the a duel s duel t box would work the UE does this and more

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JonMMM For This Useful Post:

white_westie (09-04-21)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    My sf8008 is the twin sat version. But I was able to get saorview using an RTL-SDR dongle (7 euro approx). The RTL2832 drivers in the feeds work with these. I have had no reason to use a usb tuner on the zgemma as it is built-in
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

white_westie (09-04-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    @white_whistle, do you have copies of the images with the older drivers? If so, can you upload them somewhere for me?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast