Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unicable set up

Title
    Thanks

Unicable set up

I have brought a Unicable LNB from the sponsor and had it installed professionally,

The legacy part works but not the unicable.

I have tried a factory rest and I gave changed the timer to 0800

I know that I am on the correct cable as if if I change it to simple I get nothing connected.

Please can someone tell me where I am going wrong
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Guide https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...using-Unicable may help but I think channel is set wrong should be scr type
    Last edited by urie; 09-03-21 at 12:40.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    does the LNB has a frequency of 975MHz?

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    does the LNB has a frequency of 975MHz?

Ralf
    How do I tell that?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    manual. But 975 should be OK for your type of LNB.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Why dont you set the correct model? GT-S1dCSS24 should be listed
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Why dont you set the correct model? GT-S1dCSS24 should be listed
    Have changed it still get tuner failed

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    All the GT-Sat LNBs use the same frequencies. So you can leave it on the hello one.

What is the exact problem?

Prob_A. ABM times out before LNB wakes up.
    Prob_B. Unicable part of LNB does not work

Prob_B.
    Test 1. Set your preferred tuner to any tuner/demodulator that is using unicable. Restart . If you get a momentary tune failed message, the unicable part of LNB is working fine.
    Test 2. Using Manual Scan, select a single satellite scan. Make sure you select correct tuner. You should find over 800 channels.

"Nothing connected" is an option you select when setting/configuring the tuner when nothing is connected, i.e you want to disable the tuner. It is not a result of a test.

Prob_A.
    I have to ensure the LNB is awake when running ABM otherwise it fails. Even if it goes to a Terrestrial tuner, that sometimes causes it to sleep.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Abu,

Have tried a manual scan.

I have also changed the "unicable delay after voltage enable to 800 then 1600.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    All the GT-Sat LNBs use the same frequencies. So you can leave it on the hello one.

What is the exact problem?

Prob_B. Unicable part of LNB does not work

Prob_B.
    Test 1. Set your preferred tuner to any tuner/demodulator that is using unicable. Restart . If you get a momentary tune failed message, the unicable part of LNB is working fine.
    Test 2. Using Manual Scan, select a single satellite scan. Make sure you select correct tuner. You should find over 800 channels.

"Nothing connected" is an option you select when setting/configuring the tuner when nothing is connected, i.e you want to disable the tuner. It is not a result of a test.

Prob_A.
    I have to ensure the LNB is awake when running ABM otherwise it fails. Even if it goes to a Terrestrial tuner, that sometimes causes it to sleep.
    Prob C. Unicable part not getting a power supply because there is a DC blocking splitter or faceplate in the path??? I assume that that this is a new installation but was exiting cable etc. used and had it previously been tested (or working) , prehaps with a previous LNB, end to end?
    Last edited by adm; 10-03-21 at 11:40.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    Prob C. Unicable part not getting a power supply because there is a DC blocking splitter or faceplate in the path??? I assume that that this is a new installation but was exiting cable etc. used and had it previously been tested (or working) , prehaps with a previous LNB, end to end?
    Existing cable amd dish just the LNB changed, it was working on legacy before and the legacy port still works

Title
    Thanks
    You have performed a transponder scan, not satellite scan. Please ignore the scanning for now. Maybe I should not have mentioned it. Sorry.

We need to find out what the exact problem is. You posted pictures of an ABM failure, so this is why I am trying to rule out one or the other. Why would anyone post an ABM failure message unless it was relevant to when using ABM? Once we know the exact problem, we can go and try and solve it. You have not answered the question effectively yet.

Once again, which of the two problems is it please?

(i.e it is fine for normal viewing, but you get a tune failed message first. It seldom works when using ABM)

Prob_B. Unicable part of LNB does not work at all
    (i.e The tuners with unicable will not work for normal viewing or ABM)

I think my questions are clear and strategically correct. If they are unclear or do not make sense, please say which part is unclear and we can try and rephrase.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    Prob C. Unicable part not getting a power supply because there is a DC blocking splitter or faceplate in the path?
    To me, that would also fall under the Prob_B category. There would be a number of reasons why this would be the case. And your theory is absolutely correct as to a possible cause. My strategy is to establish whether the issue is the LNB not waking up in time for ABM/tune failed message before live TV (Prob_A) or not working at all (Prob_B). If it is established that it is Prob_B, the next question to ask is: Are you using any splitters, joins or faceplates. Also ask user to upload tuner configs. But let's not get into those discussions until we establish the problem. The manual scan option would have also ruled out an alignment issue. Yes I know it was professionally done. Unfortunately he used a transponder scan. A transponder scan could fail on both Prob_A and Prob_B.

Title
    Thanks
    I believe it is B, please tell how to make sure

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast