Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Formuler F1 - Openwebif will not stream SAME channel (or same transponder) to multiple client devices

Title
    Thanks

Smile Formuler F1 - Openwebif will not stream SAME channel (or same transponder) to multiple client devices

I have never tried to stream to more than 1 device before, so I don't know if this behaviour is new for my setup or it's always been there.

I CAN stream to 2 instances of Kodi (Both on the LAN - same subnet), each running the Enigma PVR client when different Tuners are in use (e.g. Sat + Terrestial, or the 2 Sat tuners using different transponders).

However, when trying to stream the SAME channel to both boxes, only the first Kodi instance to connect will establish the connection.

Either of them can connect (to that specific tuner) when the other box has not connected yet.

Both can connect to and stream channels from a different physical tuner on the Formuler F1 box at the same time.

Is there something I need to change on the box?

Is there a Networking reason I've missed? I can't think of one - as when different onboard tuners are accessed, both connections establish successfully.

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone might have

-----------------------
    Brand & Model: Formuler F1
    Chipset: Broadcom 7356
    Main Memory: 214044 kB free / 321868 kB total
    Box Uptime: 11:56
    Software
    System OE: OE-Alliance 4.4
    Firmware version: OpenViX 5.4.004 (2021-01-12)
    Kernel / Drivers: 4.10.6 / 20180408
    Tuners
    Tuner A BCM7346 (internal) (DVB-S2)
    Tuner B BCM7346 (internal) (DVB-S2)
    Tuner C Si2168 (Combined DVB-C/T2)

Title
    Thanks
    Does anyone have some knowledge in this area?

Should I be able to stream the same channel to 2 devices at the same time?

I can stream 2 different channels -- but I think they are only from different transponders.

I'm guessing that only 1 stream instance is possible per tuner?

But if that's the case ... I'm not sure why the 2nd Sat tuner doesn't provide the source for the stream to the 2nd device.

I feel like I'm doing something wrong somewhere - but I'm not sure how to fix it.

I cannot stream to more than 1 device (regardless of same/different tv channel) on the Terrestrial tuner
    I CAN stream to 2 devices when 1 channel is terrestrial and 1 channel is satellite
    I CAN stream to 2 devices when both channels are satellite - but from different transponders (I assume)
    I cannot stream to 2 devices when both channels are satellite and it's either the same channel or the channels are on the same Transponder.

All advice and suggestions are very welcome!

Title
    Thanks
    Am I posting in the incorrect section?
    Have I failed to submit my issue somehow?
    Can someone please advise how and where I should raise my question - so that I might get some feedback?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    I don,t know anything about Kodi, but in a client server setup ( slave client receiver to master server) you need a dedicated tuner for each client rceiver
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

5. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (22-04-21)

BrokenUnusableAccount
    I can use OpenWebIf and VLC (or similar player) to stream from my Zgemma H7S and play the same channel on multiple PCs with no such restriction.
    I've just tried with 3 players playing Dave channel from satellite at once and the box only has 2 satellite tuners.

But they weren't even nearly in sync, one was nearly 5 seconds behind another.

So it may depend on what mechanism the OP's player uses to open the stream.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks very much for your information folks!

I've just tested with 2 windows 10 machines - using vlc to open the .m3u8 files from openwebif.

For the same channel, again, I can only play 1 instance of the same channel at the same time.

Like this:

Open a stream file (.m3u8) with VLC -- this begins to play fine.
    Try to open a stream in the exact same way on the 2nd machine -- this stream will not begin.
    Then I closed both instances of VLC and started a stream on the other windows 10 machine first ...... this one starts to play - but then the other machine cannot establish a stream.

Is this a Bug in the openwebif implementation within the formuler f1 image somehow?

Or is it a bug/limitation in the hardware/firmware?

Even if only 1 stream is possible per tuner, the Formuler F1 has 2 Satelite tuners.
    Both are connected and they do both appear to function correctly (for example, I can stream a single instance to a windows 10 computer while watching either the same or different channels on the Formuler F1 box itself.

The issue seems specific to the ability to initiate multiple streams from the same sat transponder or Terrestrial MUX.

Is there somewhere else I should raise the bug?