Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Weird EPG errors. EPG Refresh. Recent versions of OpenViX e.g. 5.4.008.

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Weird EPG errors. EPG Refresh. Recent versions of OpenViX e.g. 5.4.008.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,950 Times in 3,272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LraiZer View Post
    Without the patch being applied first, the fix for updating old events was just removing more correct events that were overlapped by the bogus events, resulting in the event update fix making the first issue 10 times worse.

128 is an old removed free source type so i guess you could temp just change OPENTV=16384 to that as a bypass hack until update patch is fully tested and working?
    Could you make a patch for this please?
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    The over the air data received by an Enigma box over air must be correct or else the same problem would be seen on Freesat and Sky branded boxes. It must be some software running on the Enigma box that is wrongly interpreting the broadcast EPG data and creating values of startseconds that are not sensible.
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    Delete epg.dat and epg cache at this point and request a forced EPG data fetch and the EPG data for day B is now correct. The content of this forced EPG data must be identical to that of the forced EPG request issued before the epg.dat and epg cache deletion but then it didn’t result in the EPG data being corrected.
    This is what I was trying to get at earlier by saying that I don't notice these issues with Sky UK when using CrossEPG to grab EPG data! Have previously seen when I switched from CrossEPG to EPGRefresh/OpenTV.

It's also looks like CrossEPG does some work-around maybe with epg cache as it creates a new instance of EPG cache.

Doesn't this, at least for Sky UK, potentially mean that broadcast data is correct and yes there could be multiple issues and EPG cache being other issue?
    Last edited by bbbuk; 14-03-21 at 13:12.

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbuk View Post
    This is what I was trying to get at earlier by saying that I don't notice these issues with Sky UK when using CrossEPG to grab EPG data! Have previously seen when I switched from CrossEPG to EPGRefresh/OpenTV.

It's also looks like CrossEPG does some work-around maybe with epg cache as it creates a new instance of EPG cache.

Doesn't this, at least for Sky UK, potentially mean that broadcast data is correct and yes there could be multiple issues and EPG cache being other issue?
    I did look quickly at the OpenTV part of CrossEPG and as far as I could see the relevant part of the code looked very like that in OpenViX's opentv.cpp.
    No obvious sign of any means for CrossEPG to already be correct that I noticed.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BrokenUnusableAccount For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (15-03-21)

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Quote Originally Posted by BefuddledBrian View Post
    As I tried to explain in #103, #105 (note: in #105 I wrote 249 when I should have written 239)

They are kind of treating the field I've called startSecond as a signed time.
    However it doesn't roll from meaning a +ve number to meaning a -ve number in the usual place (when the MSB flips to a 1).
    Instead it seems it should be treated as a signed negative number if it's greater than or equal to 86400.

Then just as when you interpret a normal negative signed 17 bit number as unsigned the result is 0x20000 too high.
    Let me put that another way just in case some people still can't see it.

I think that startSecond (including the 0 LSB that's been added) is the bottom 17 bits from a larger (say 32 bit) signed integer that is only allowed to take on even values between -44672 and 86398.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    They are kind of treating the field I've called startSecond as a signed time.
    Which seems and odd thing to do.
    Would you ever consider that I'm writing this at -11:00 on Monday?

It sounds more like and artefact of the way they process service suppliers data rather than being intentional. It's noticeable that it only seems to affect programmes which wrap between days at midnight. That's midnight UK, so for many Western European countries these do not span two days - they are completely within the second day.

But since the OpenTV spec isn't published we can only ever speculate, and just have work with whatever is sent out.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Which seems and odd thing to do.
    Would you ever consider that I'm writing this at -11:00 on Monday?
    Perhaps the day is the day the program finishes?
    Perhaps the day part is not allowed to be before today?

Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    It sounds more like an artefact of the way they process service suppliers data rather than being intentional. It's noticeable that it only seems to affect programmes which wrap between days at midnight. That's midnight UK, so for many Western European countries these do not span two days - they are completely within the second day.

But since the OpenTV spec isn't published we can only ever speculate, and just have work with whatever is sent out.
    But presumably genuine Sky boxes know what to do with it.
    Last edited by BrokenUnusableAccount; 14-03-21 at 14:43.

BrokenUnusableAccount

Question

While we have developer types in here can anyone tell me what's going on in opentv.cpp a few lines underneath where I was working?
    Code:
    		uint8_t *otvt = new uint8_t[titleLength];
    		memcpy(otvt, buffer + 9, titleLength);
    		crc32 = opentv_crc(otvt, titleLength);
    		delete [] otvt;
    WT* is it necessary to allocate memory to make a copy before working out the crc and then release it afterwards?
    If you look at the definition of opentv_crc further up it can't modify it's input data.
    It doesn't make any sense to me.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    WT* is it necessary to allocate memory to make a copy before working out the crc and then release it afterwards?
    If you look at the definition of opentv_crc further up it can't modify it's input data.
    It doesn't make any sense to me.
    Wasn't this also used and deleted somewhere instead in the early code creation during debug testing and then that code was removed and just a quick temporary delete added back here and then all this was forgot about?

Looks like you've got something else you'll have to fix

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LraiZer For This Useful Post:

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Could you make a patch for this please?
    [PATCH] New ENIGMA_EPG_V8 file structure

I think this patch should open up all the cache management code that was previously being blocked.
    Will needs a lot of monitoring and testing over a period of time to see what it actually does or breaks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LraiZer For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (14-03-21),Huevos (14-03-21)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Just for the curious, here is a debug data dump log of the current bogus events being fixed.
    Data cycle appears to currently be running at 139 seconds to populate the epg
    If you inspect the stream can you see these erroneous values?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    [PATCH] New ENIGMA_EPG_V8 file structure

I think this patch should open up all the cache management code that was previously being blocked.
    Will needs a lot of monitoring and testing over a period of time to see what it actually does or breaks!
    Thanks. That is now up on our repo for testing.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    I'm ready to test when software is available
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    If you inspect the stream can you see these erroneous values?
    These erroneous values? e3 e0

They are in the stream buffer data that i output in the log file.

e3 << 9 = 116224
    e0 << 1 = 448
    116224 + 448 = 116672
    1615766400 + 116672 = 1615883072
    1615883072 - 131072 = 1615752000

Code:
    BOGUS: Sewing Street / Yarn Lane REPEATS
     mjd=59288(bcd:1615766400) bcd=1615883072 bcdfix=1615752000 sec=116672(E3 E0) duration=43200
    b5
    e3
    e0
    6b

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LraiZer For This Useful Post:

Huevos (14-03-21)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Is it possible to get CRID from this stream? Simon is planning some code for programming series link.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (14-03-21),bbbuk (14-03-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    There does seem to be some end-user documentation for an OpenTV API here:
    Code:
    https://opentv.nagra.com/sites/default/files/api/medialive_os_api/5.2.4/CCOM/index.html
    Not sure how complete this is, but I can't find any reference to CRID data in it.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast