Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: English automaric audio selection

Title
    Thanks

English automaric audio selection

I have noticed over the years no matter which receiver I have used and with any software (currently the vu+ with latest firmware) I find that despite setting English as the audio language selection on all options in Automatic language menu, currently 4 of them, whenever I go to a channel after turning the receiver on not only has it not retained the language choice I had selected last time but it's also not adhering to the selection of English as per the options picked in the menu, have I perhaps not set these correctly in that maybe not all 4 choices should be set to English? Generally this wasn't an issue but I am now using the samsung tv's remote for the receiver's operation and there is no button to alter the language choice on there as standard. Thanks.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Every now and again i still have to swap the audio stream say from German to English and might happen if i have rebooted box.
    Use box remote to change the stream if needs be.

Or use webif to log into box and change settings from there?

Title
    Thanks
    I still have the remote so I can take it out of the drawer to do it, but was just thinking if it was possible to fix the issue, I think I will look into changing the button selection for some functions on the original remote to see if that's one of the things I can adjust, thanks.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Please post a screenshot of your settings
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    language options.jpg there you go mate

sorry I've tried to turn the image, but couldn't figure an option for it on here

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You only need to set English as the language once (not 4 times) - set the others as NONE. When this problem occurs again can you check what the actual name of the audio track is - press the audio button. It may be in English but have some other name such as VO etc.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks mate, I will give that a go, I understand nothing can be done where the English language option is not referred to such and the receiver can't be held responsible for those

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Yes but if you can find out what it is then that can be set as the second option.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Which German channels?

Set the first language to "English" and the next to "Original"
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

cactikid (01-03-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Which German channels?

Set the first language to "English" and the next to "Original"
    Is that a trick question like when your bird asks do I look fat in this If I set the the second one to original won't they set it to what the first language on the list as that's what the broadcaster intends as the original option. I'll have a play over the next couple of days and report back the resutls mate, thanks.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Nothing trick about it. The Spanish Movistar package uses it on movie channels. The language options are usually Spanish and Original Audio. If the movie is a US or UK production then English audio will be present. If it is a French film then the original French audio will be heard. Not every movie has english audio.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    "Original" means the language the material was filmed in. Currently, anything that matches "orj dos ory org esl qaa und mis mul ORY ORJ Audio_ORJ".

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    A few films i looked at that were knowingly in English were speaking a foreign language only as lip sync was wrong and no choice as not on a stream to change.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    A few films i looked at that were knowingly in English were speaking a foreign language only as lip sync was wrong and no choice as not on a stream to change.
    Well, if no original soundtrack is broadcast there's not much that can be done.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

cactikid (02-03-21)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Strangely enough same movie but by a different name had the soundtrack in English