Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Softcam issue?

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Softcam issue?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Attached is a different file for Arm receivers. Could people who consider themselves as "advanced users" please test it and report back any issues. Thanks in advance.
    I not saying i'm an "advanced user" but this one will refuse to start (Zgemma H7S, openvix 5.4.009 (release)
    Gigablue UHD UE4K (Openvix)
    80 cm 2 Universal LNBs (Hot Bird, Astra 19°) to DiSEqC then to Gigablue
    60 cm Sky Dish Quad LNB one cable direct to Sky HD+box, 2nd cable to DiSEqC then to Gigablue
    65 cm Dish (16°) to DiSEqC then to Gigblue
    Zgemma H7S (Openvix) Now used as a backup box
    Viark 4K Box

Title
    Thanks
    Version: oscam-1.20_svn-r11691
    Compiler: mipsel-oe-linux
    Box type: vusolo2 (generic)
    PID: 3802
    TempDir: /tmp/.oscam
    GBox tmp_dir: not defined using: /tmp/.oscam
    ConfigDir: /var/tuxbox/config/
    WebifPort: 8888
    I have tested the 11691 oscam from here, on my solo2, and I am on 5.4.9 img, no difference to oscam latest, stops ramdomly, needs restart.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Someone I know of watched the Tottenham (yuk) game on Sky 1 HD on 19.2 using Oscam on an Arm receiver using Release 5.4 009 and there was no issue with locking up etc. Attached is a screenshot showing ECM times. The policy o this forum is strict with regards to softcam talk. So best to upload oscam logs on a forum where they are more tolerant to such talk. Might be a simple issue in config files. Or an issue affecting mipsel receivers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    If anybody has installed Ncam package by Raed, please be aware that it causes a lockup. This is why we have not merged his pull-request. I would recommend re-flashing image as the softcam files were altered by his installer.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

cactikid (03-05-21)

Title
    Thanks
    I have tested this Oscam issue in some detail and have found
    1) This freezing/ long ecm times with (certain 19e caids!) is not present in other images for my Solo2/Edision Mega (both Mips) with identical configs from my 5.4.9 config.
    2) I have not installed any Oscam ipks and have have always started from a fresh image with no restores. Foreign testing Oscams are alwys ftped to /usr/softcam.
    3) Many Oscams that previously worked with versions of Vix pre 5.4.7 and before, no longer work and produce issues
    4) The supplied Oscam (oscam-latest) freezes with Vix 5.4.9 also
    5) Making changes to oscam.conf and oscam.server or adding oscam.dvbapi makes little difference with me.

Conclusion:
    There seems to be an (undefined) VIX problem with Oscam post versions 5.4.7 that is NOT present in OpenATV, OpenSPA, Pure2, Opendroid images for my 2 MIPS boxes (I use openboot to boot these from USB)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoe View Post
    I have tested this Oscam issue in some detail and have found
    1) This freezing/ long ecm times with (certain 19e caids!) is not present in other images for my Solo2/Edision Mega (both Mips) with identical configs from my 5.4.9 config.
    2) I have not installed any Oscam ipks and have have always started from a fresh image with no restores. Foreign testing Oscams are alwys ftped to /usr/softcam.
    3) Many Oscams that previously worked with versions of Vix pre 5.4.7 and before, no longer work and produce issues
    4) The supplied Oscam (oscam-latest) freezes with Vix 5.4.9 also
    5) Making changes to oscam.conf and oscam.server or adding oscam.dvbapi makes little difference with me.

Conclusion:
    There seems to be an (undefined) VIX problem with Oscam post versions 5.4.7 that is NOT present in OpenATV, OpenSPA, Pure2, Opendroid images for my 2 MIPS boxes (I use openboot to boot these from USB)
    Is this Oscam_emu? .. or all OScam's variations?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    All... including oscam_emu

9. The Following User Says Thank You to johnhoe For This Useful Post:

widar (03-05-21)

Title
    Thanks
    As far as I can see the source is the same except OpenPli uses the OpenSource Git (which is basicall the same as trunkview git)
    However openVix Oscam configs(openViX Distro softcams) are different slightly from the OE-A softcams which are different from OpenPli

If I get time I will build with the OpenPli configs for my ET7x00 Mips and post here for someone to try (I only use for 27.5W)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

Title
    Thanks
    Can people try these OScam MIPS versions built with alternative configs ..... and provide feedback
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Can people try these OScam MIPS versions built with alternative configs ..... and provide feedback
    Tried your oscam-latest but got same freezing and stopping as before using it with Vix 5.4.9. Sorry!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to johnhoe For This Useful Post:

twol (05-05-21)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Surely this is a Vix issue not an Oscam issue?

Title
    Thanks
    Agree, also tested, no difference, must be a vix issue.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spanner123 View Post
    Surely this is a Vix issue not an Oscam issue?
    That's why I wanted to test an Oscam with different config settings - I use Oscam (arm) all the time no issue- and these issues appear to be with the older Mips boxes. Only difference I am aware of is that other images try to minimise flash use for these boxes, which is a short term solution as images continue to grow in size.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    I have same configuration on my other box with arm processor, Zhemma H9s and no problem at all, problem only on solo 2, tested cccam, and mg camd also, best working one so far is Cccam, that is no need to restart them, as Oscam needs.

Title
    Thanks
    I have same configuration on my other box with arm processor, Zhemma H9s and no problem at all, problem only on solo 2, tested cccam, and mg camd also, best working one so far is Cccam, that is no need to restart them, as Oscam needs.
    This is exactly what I found see post #20

19. The Following User Says Thank You to johnhoe For This Useful Post:

widar (06-05-21)

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast