Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: ABM CustomMix.xml for ITV Regional Channels

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

ABM CustomMix.xml for ITV Regional Channels

Ref: Huevos custom hack https://www.world-of-satellite.com/a...p/t-47016.html

I created the sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml according to the instructions (I already had one for Saorview but over wrote it for this test - so know where to put the file).

Additionally

1. I removed all other bouquets from ABM other than Sky UK
    2. I also configured, "Include not indexed channels"

Unfortunately no ITV bouquet is created - of course the ITV regional channels are now in the none indexed section.

Just wondering if the "feature" contained in the code to achieve this is no longer supported by ABM?

Many thanks

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    So did you use the code in that archive? If so the indent will be screwed. Use the original. https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...Hacks-Examples
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

sigpark (27-02-21)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for this; I wasn't aware I had accessed an archive - appreciate the "steer"; your link worked as expected. Couple of notations:

I subsequently deliberately hid the ABM "Not Indexed" section (hide sections, nevertheless generated) and that resulted in "ITV Regions" section also disappearing. I guess I am thinking that the channels are now in the ABM build (adding "not Indexed" increases the channels added by ABM considerably), so why would hiding this section mean they can no longer be added to the new custom "ITV Regions"?

As an aside I also use the following CustomMix code (see below as additional content of sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml file - goes between the <custommix begin/end markers) in order to generate a section for Irish Saorview channels within the SKY UK Channel listing above "Entertainment" block - works fine with the <hack> - FYI

Finally, if I TAB the <hacks> section in line with the code below as it appears in my own xml file, ABM doesn't like it and the EPG build fails - straight copy and paste is fine, but the new Huevos "hack" XML tags are not aligned with code below? - FYI, not sure I understand this sensitivity to the XML? Note my "paste" is indented per XML as I edit my post, but the indents are not showing when I save content. Suffice it to say, normal section indenting is what I have. Happy to post file, but don't want to waste unnecessary effort or distract from what works

Once again thanks much for your time - appreciated

<inserts>
    <insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="1" target="1"></insert> <!-- RTE 1 HD -->
    <insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="2" target="2"></insert> <!-- RTE 2 HD -->
    <insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="3" target="3"></insert> <!-- TV3 -->
    <insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="4" target="4"></insert> <!-- TG4 -->
    <insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="5" target="5"></insert> <!-- 3e -->
    <insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="6" target="6"></insert> <!-- be3 -->
    <insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="7" target="7"></insert> <!-- RTE Junior -->
    <insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="11" target="11"></insert> <!-- RTE One +1 -->
    <insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="12" target="12"></insert> <!-- RTE2 +1 -->
    <insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="21" target="21"></insert> <!-- RTE News Now -->
    <insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="22" target="22"></insert> <!-- Tithe an Oireachtais -->
    <insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="23" target="23"></insert> <!-- SAORVIEW Information -->
    </inserts>
    <sections>
    <section number="1">SaorView</section>
    </sections>
    Last edited by sigpark; 27-02-21 at 23:41.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    1) As far as I remember, without looking at the code, a hidden section just contains stuffing. You can test this by getting one of the hidden bouquet files and opening it in a bouquet editor. No idea why the channels disappear though as they are part of the python list. I don't think the 2 are connected.

2) Hacks is python code. The hacks section in the xml is indented exactly as python requires. It is nothing to do with the indenting of the XML.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

sigpark (28-02-21)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    thanks @Huevos. I am not sure I fully understand
    "a hidden section just contains stuffing. You can test this by getting one of the hidden bouquet files and opening it in a bouquet editor"
    You see I am using ABM "Hide Sections" - those that are generated after a scan i.e. International, Religion etc. in the Sky UK bundle of ABM. In that feature when I hide the "Not Indexed" section to reduce "clutter" in the bouquet of channels, then "ITV Regions" section is not created.

I don't know Python, but might it possibly be this part of the code?
    "if service in range(last_section, 1450) or service in [103, 133, 178]"
    (as my 103 is UTV as I use the Northern Ireland SD Custom). I also see the "(last_section, 1450) logic is repeated as python builds the ITV Station list for the different parameters.

I think the "Not Indexed" is the last section? I can see the service numbering for "Not Indexed" is in the range 1088 to 1282 - and indeed ITV stations are clustered within that. Without listing them in a long comma separated list like [103, 133, 178], how might I code > 1088 and <1282 as a range of services to look for ITV Stations....or am I off the mark, and would your advice be different? You see I need a range as I also use the Doug Mackay and Suls IPTV Bouquet maker which drops channels into a bouquet with station numbers above this range?

Thanks again
    Last edited by sigpark; 28-02-21 at 14:01.