Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: OpenwebIf streaming quality? Plex, HRTuner, xTeve etc

Title
    Thanks

OpenwebIf streaming quality? Plex, HRTuner, xTeve etc

Hi everyone,

For some time now i've tried to use my VU+ Duo2 box with Plex using Homerun emulators, both HRTuner and xTeve.

In both instances the quality has not been acceptable. Neither HRtuner nor xTeVe do anything to the feed so it's not that, and Plex is direct playing the feed. I'm using M3U generated from Webif at the moment so it's the feed that comes from there. The problem is, when it's in Plex it appears strange in motion, like the frame rate is wrong or there is an odd jutting or poor interlacing.

My full signal path is VU+ Duo -> xSteve (or HRtuner, same results with both) -> Apple TV.

The feed comes up as h264 in Plex which I believe is correct, the resolution of the channel seems to be represented fine too. I know the box can do a direct stream to another device as I use a VU+ Zero in the other room currently with no tuner and it falls back to the VU+ Duo2 for all channels and plays perfectly, exactly the same as I was watching the main box. I presume Plex SHOULD be able to do this too, but something odd is happening.

Is it hitting the transcoder? I assume not? Is there conversion happening on the box? Is there anything I can do - I just want to direct stream from the box to Plex like I can to my VU+ Zero and not have any picture changes.

Interested to know if there are any advanced settings to change this, I can't find anything within the box - do any of the other images handle the way this works differently etc?

Title
    Thanks
    Rather than using plex server have you considered using Kodi and linking the PVR client directly to the receiver?