Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: My Understanding

Title
    Thanks

My Understanding

I have a legacy shy dish with a shotgun cable.

I have a Gigablue UHD UE 4K UHD.

So all I need to do is to have the LNB switched to https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...e-lnb-1-legacy to take advantage of the FBC tuners, using the shotgun cable in place, and just use 1 cable that is the unicable to feed all 8 demodulars?

If / when i move the shotgun cable could connect to a freesat box and both cable could act as universal LNBs for say a humax freesat box?

But main thing is that I can use existing cableing?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Q. Can I use one cable from a shotgun cable to connect the Unicable port from an LNB to my FBC tuner (or any other device that supports unicable) and also use the other cable to connect the legacy/universal port of LNB to my Humax receiver?

A. Yes you can.

Q. Can I fit a Unicable LNB or any non-Sky LNB on a Sky dish?

A. Yes you can. However you will need to change the holder at the end of the dish. The Sky LNB is 38mm wide. Non-Sky LNBs are 40mm wide. Think of it like neck sizes on shirts. Note: There is a negligible signal loss because Sky LNBs are shaped to make use of the oval/eliptical shape of their dishes.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Q. Can I use one cable from a shotgun cable to connect the Unicable port from an LNB to my FBC tuner (or any other device that supports unicable) and also use the other cable to connect the legacy/universal port of LNB to my my Humax receiver?

A. Yes you can.
    No what I meant was if can you use a unicable into a standard tuner so on the humax with the legacy cable and the unicable you still have 2 tuners?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JonMMM View Post
    No what I meant was if can you use a unicable into a standard tuner so on the humax with the legacy cable and the unicable you still have 2 tuners?
    Tuner is on box. Nothing to do with LNB.

Q. Do I need an FBC tuner to use a Unicable LNB.
    A. No you do not. You can use a unicable LNB on most devices. Check your device manual. Even a Dreambox 500 which is over 10 years old can use it depending on image.

Q. Can I use a unicable LNB on a Humax box?
    A. You should be able to. Check the manual.

Q. A Unicable LNB has only one unicable port. How do I connect to more than one tuner/receiver.
    A. Use a splitter wherever it is convenient for you.

Title
    Thanks
    Q. On LNBs that have unicable and legacy ports. How do I wire/hook them up?

A.
    Universal/Legacy port: Use one wire from legacy/universal port direct to a tuner on any receiver you want. You cannot split this cable. Make sure tuner with this wire is set as: simple single 28.2 (assuming it is pointed at 28.2).

Unicable port: Run a wire from the the unicable port to any devices that you want. You can use splitters if you need/want. Make sure that any tuners from this port are set/configured as Unicable and all have unique user bands.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Abu that answers everything, apart from can I use current shotgun cable?

Title
    Thanks
    Q. Can I use current shotgun cable?

A. A shotgun cable is just two cables stuck together. You can connect one to the Unicable port and one to the universal/legacy port. Put some tape on both ends of one them to avoid confusing them.

Quote Originally Posted by JonMMM View Post
    Thanks Abu
    You are welcome.