Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: updateing 5.1.033 to 5.4.007

Title
    Thanks

updateing 5.1.033 to 5.4.007

Hi it's been about 3 years since I last updated the recevier using a usb stick, I have loaded this new image and extracted it so I now see the folder vuplus on the stick, placing it into the front slot and restarting the receiver I am prompted to press the power button behind the panel which I did, a few seconds later I see the message updating then it changes to checking usb which remains without further change. Am I missing a trick or doing something wrong, any advise appreciated as always. In the menu the drivers displayed are 2018-03-19 if that is something needed to shed some light, many thanks.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts

Title
    Thanks
    The exact words I see are 'programming' and 'flashing image' alternating for about 5 seconds then it goes to checking usb and stays there

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    thanks mate will take a look now

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    Blue button > ViX > Image manager > Yellow (Downloads) when I get to this bit there are no options for me to select, however when I selected image manager I saw listed the two previous images that I applied to the receiver

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Maybe it worked differently back in version 5.1.x ?
    Anyone remember?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks mate, I have now ftp'd the zip file straigh to the receivers hard drive where I found the old software zips then gone into the menus in the receiver to select it from there and successfuly flashed it, I have also set up a password to retain future access to via ftp, cheers.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jassie For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (23-02-21)

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Quote Originally Posted by jassie View Post
    Thanks mate, I have now ftp'd the zip file straigh to the receivers hard drive where I found the old software zips then gone into the menus in the receiver to select it from there and successfuly flashed it, I have also set up a password to retain future access to via ftp, cheers.
    Excellent.

Title
    Thanks
    I have encountered a weird problem though when setting up auto bouquet maker with this am I missing something? I have set it to scan just UK channels and I get the message 'Tuning failed, provider sky uk, tuner A, frequency 11778 mhz, please check affected tuner for tuner configuration errors, signal cabling issues, any other reasons'. The mototrised dish is connected to tuner A and parked somehere else when it tries to scan, the receiver should know this and use one of the fixed tuners to scan 28.2 east shouldn't it, but it is having a go at scanning from tuner A and immediately gives up. What can I do to fix this rather than having to shuffle my tuner set up physically, thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    I think part this problem could be that despite tuners b to d in tuner set up being fixed to 28.2 in tuner configuration when I go to manual scan option these tuners show in menu as being fixed to 20.0 east arabsat and I can't change them, only by going up to tuner A can I select the satellite 28.2 east, perhaps ths would suggest the receiver thinks only the motorised dish being at 28.2 can the auto bouquet update the list, any thoughts please, thanks

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Please post your settings file, "/etc/enigma2/settings".

Also, the debug log from the ABM run.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Hi mate, the receiver restarted itself after showing a common error message and the problems I had seemed to have ironed themselves out, thanks