Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Help I am stuck

Title
    Thanks

Help I am stuck

Trying to set up a Duo4k SE, have loaded openvix, all good, but when I connected my 2 dishes (1 fixed 28e on tuner b and Usal moving dish on tuner a) but no signal on either.

Set up the same as my duo 2.

Tuner A Simple, positioner with the correct longitude and latitude.
    Tuner B Simple, mode single 28e

I can only assume it is something to do with the LNB setting. Current LNB is universal for the moving dish and sky dish for 28e.

Duo4K is fitted with DVB-S NIM (avl6222 DVB S2x twin feed.

Any help would be appreciated, as totally lost with this problem.

Update, am now getting a signal on tuner a but no picture.
    Last edited by psionguy; 23-02-21 at 16:39.
    Samsung QE55 TV, Sony STN-DN1080 AV Amp, VU Duo2, fixed dish for Freesat, 1m motorised dish.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Top port on tuner card is tuner A. Bottom port is tuner B. To avoid confusion about tuner cards/letters, please post a screenshot of Menu > Information > Devices

Can you also confirm that the Sky dish has a universal LNB and not a wideband LNB for Sky Q. I know you mentioned Duo2, but best to double check.

Title
    Thanks
    20210224_070918.jpg

I can confirm the sky dish is the old type and did work on my duo2.

Thanks for your help.
    Samsung QE55 TV, Sony STN-DN1080 AV Amp, VU Duo2, fixed dish for Freesat, 1m motorised dish.

Title
    Thanks
    Have you confirmed you are using the correct ports on tuner card? A= top, B = bottom? Can you double checked the f-plugs are still fine. Sometimes they unloosen when disconnecting from one box and connecting to another.

Last thing, can you obatain your tuner configs with this command using putty/terminal:
    cat /etc/enigma2/settings | grep config.Nims > /tmp/mytunerconfig.txt

Upload the file "mytunerconfig.txt" that will be created in /tmp directory

Title
    Thanks
    I have done some more fiddling with this box and have come to the conclusion that the static sky dish may be faulty as it stopped working on my duo2 which I thought was the receiver. With regards to my moving dish I have managed to get it moving via the 4kse and if I use a downloaded setting, I also get a signal but still no picture or sound using the same settings as my duo2. Have tried looking for information on how to set this box up so far a zero. Am I right to set this up as described in my previous post, if this is correct then this satellite receiver must be faulty? I have moved the movable dish to the top on tuner a.

Title
    Thanks
    onfig.autobouquetsmaker.providers=sat_282_freesat: hd_freesat_110_29:157:
    config.av.videomode.HDMI=1080i
    config.av.videorate.1080i=60Hz
    config.misc.firstrun=False
    config.misc.initialchannelselection=False
    config.misc.languageselected=False
    config.misc.lastrotorposition=282
    config.misc.startCounter=3
    config.misc.videowizardenabled=False
    config.Nims.0.advanced.sat.101.lnb=1
    config.Nims.0.advanced.sat.101.tonemode=on
    config.Nims.0.advanced.sats=101
    config.Nims.0.diseqcMode=positioner
    config.Nims.0.latitude=51.453
    config.Nims.0.longitude=0.548
    config.Nims.0.powerMeasurement=False
    config.Nims.1.configMode=nothing
    config.Nims.1.diseqcA=282
    config.plugins.epgimport.enabled=True
    config.plugins.epgimport.longDescDays=5
    config.plugins.epgsearch.numorbpos=0
    config.plugins.opentvzapper.enabled=True
    config.plugins.opentvzapper.update_interval=6
    config.softwareupdate.updatelastcheck=1614173203
    config.tv.lastroot=1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "bouquets.tv" ORDER BY bouquet;1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.dbe151.tv" ORDER BY bouquet;
    config.tv.lastservice=1:0:1:207C:808:2:11A0000:0:0 :0:
    config.usage.date.compact=%-d %b
    config.usage.date.compressed=%-d%b
    config.usage.date.displayday=%a %-d %b
    config.usage.service_icon_enable=True
    config.version=53023

Title
    Thanks
    The box is set/configured exactly the same as any other.

Your tuner config has advanced mode in there. Flash image again, do not restore any settings. Start from scratch.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 881 Posts
    Doesn't affect your tuning issues but your video refresh rate would be better set at 50Hz for TV watching. If you watch a lot of movies at 30/60 fps, then 60Hz is more appropriate.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    I did that this morning, complete rebuild, flashed the image directly from the image manager added new settings, and configured tuners from start. I know the cables are ok, as I checked them in my duo2 and all was good. I think the earlier conclusion was correct this box is faulty and will have to be returned. May do one more usb flash before I return it.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    Doesn't affect your tuning issues but your video refresh rate would be better set at 50Hz for TV watching. If you watch a lot of movies at 30/60 fps, then 60Hz is more appropriate.
    Thanks will do that in future.

Title
    Thanks
    Please explain why/how these are in your tuner setup?

Code:

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Please explain why/how these are in your tuner setup?

Code:
    I have no idea, possibly due to me trying some different configs. But I have done 2 full rebuilds starting from scratch since I posted that information, one with an updated boot file. On both, I only configured the correct way which was identical to my Duo2. I have also been in touch with the supplier who asked me to try some other tests which I did which were all negative. So I am sure the unit is defective, the supplier has been really helpful as have you, which is much appreciated.

Interested to know what relevance of the above means out of interest?
    Last edited by psionguy; 25-02-21 at 11:52.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi; I am interested to see how you go with this as I have 2x VU+ DUO4K SE here in Australia and one bird is out of reach on the VU+ yet a £44 generic tuner locates about 40 services in a two minute blind scan (a variety of data, DVB-S, DVB-S2X Multistream).

As an aside to confirm our VU+ DUO4K SE's are not faulty, because the other bird we use (OPTUS D3/10 - two satellites, co-sited) work well, albeit with a weak signal reported by the DUO4K (48%) whilst our old DUO2's reports 99%.

I have also found that the DVB-S tuner must be in the "A" Slot (toward the centre of the PCB) whilst the DVB-T tuner (if any) is in the "B" slot, nearer the edge/corner of the PCB.

In this tuner discussion thread, the tuners' are "incorrect" in this image.
    --

"corporate greed and chemicals are killin' the land" Neil Young - Greendale 2004.

Title
    Thanks
    When you set a tuner in advanced mode and then change to simple, you don't see the advanced mode. More so when you use a different LNB number. The receiver does not set itself, so as much we don't want to accept it, it is more than likely user error.

The factory reset function allows to delete tuner configuration if you still want to try.

Title
    Thanks
    Aust-VAST

Sorry not able to help, as never got it working, and returned to the supplier.

It is quite a new receiver, and evidence that not many people have one.

I have always found VU Duo boxes to be excellent, they do what they say on the box, this is the first time I have had a problem with one, and I am afraid will never find out what the issue was.
    Last edited by psionguy; 28-02-21 at 11:15.