Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Recording to network mounts

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

Recording to network mounts

I'm not sure which forum to post this in as I'm getting the same issue on ATV so not a ViX problem.
    I have used my NAS as a recording location for a good few years now with Movies, Series and a Recordings folder mounted CIFS/FSTAB mount at boot, with no issues.

Over the last few months (probably 6 or more) I have been getting the following issue.
    If any receiver is recording to the default location for timer recordings or instant recordings, (/media/net/RECORDINGS/!TEMP!/), if I try to open this location from another receiver (or even the same receiver) in movie list it takes up to a couple of minutes to open the list. I have changed the recordings location many times but it makes no difference.

It is also not box specific. It's the same on Vu+ Duo 4K, Vu+ Uno 4K, Vu+ Uno 4K SE, Gigablue UHD 4K and an Octagon SF8008 4K.
    I have also created a brand new share on the NAS on a different disk but still the same.

The most obvious thing that I have seen in debug logs are this type of thing:

< 16831.9949> 22:03:00.1746 [eDVBPESReader] ERROR reading PES (fd=57): Value too large for defined data type
    < 16831.9949> 22:03:00.1746 [eDVBPESReader] ERROR reading PES (fd=58): Value too large for defined data type

I have just flashed a clean version of ViX 5.4.007 to an SF8008 to test and just scanned for Sky FTA and set up my mounts.

Debug log and automounts attached.
    Hopefully someone will be able to give me a clue from the logs

Enigma2_debug_2021-02-23_13-44-29.log

automounts.xml

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I've started using NFS between ViX and NAS, maybe try that.

You'll probably have set up some NFS file permissions on your NAS.
    Last edited by ccs; 23-02-21 at 15:58.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    I've started using NFS between ViX and NAS, maybe try that.

You'll probably have set up some NFS file permissions on your NAS.
    I'll have to give that a try then but I've always preferred having a username and password to access it.

Further to my previous post, I've opened the recording folder and watched it whilst the spinner is going in movie list and it appears that the meta files are being replaced or updated.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I've tried autofs and it's still the same. Struggling to get NFS working, I've never used it before.
    I've installed the NFS service on the box and enabled NFS on the NAS but the shares won't mount.
    Do I need to create an NFS rule and what do I put as the IP, the box or the NAS?

2021-02-23_193353.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    In the hostname or IP you could specify the IP address of your ViX box or use a wildcard. In the Squash option you should use no_root_squash to allow unrestricted access to the share but be aware that you are essentially giving root access. NFS is not built for security.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

Willo3092 (23-02-21)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    On my NAS I can add NFS permissions to shared folders, telling it which boxes have access.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

Willo3092 (23-02-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Yes, you can restrict at IP address level. No user/passwords, though.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Sorted now, thanks for the input guys
    I had just changed a test box to autofs from fstab and was still getting the same problem.
    When I changed my recording box to autofs as well the problem was cured.
    I've changed them all over today and all is well again, thank you
    Never did get NFS working but it doesn't matter now.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Willo3092 For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (24-02-21)