Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: qud lnb output cables into wall

Title
    Thanks

Question qud lnb output cables into wall

Hello
    If I have a multiuput out put LNB dose that mean I need a hole thru my wall for each cable, for example if its 4 outputs it means 4 holes throuh the external wall?

I need only 2 cables one for each device, so can both cables go thru one hole for example 2 no. RG6 cables thru 10mm hole?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You can put them all through one hole if you make it big enough. Tape together some bits of cable to check how thick they are together
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (21-02-22)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Here you go.....

holes.jpg

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (11-03-21),ronand (21-02-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info very helpfull

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIEN1X View Post
    Hello
    If I have a multiuput out put LNB dose that mean I need a hole thru my wall for each cable, for example if its 4 outputs it means 4 holes throuh the external wall?

I need only 2 cables one for each device, so can both cables go thru one hole for example 2 no. RG6 cables thru 10mm hole?
    Whatever is the most convenient. WF100/RG6 type cables may be 7 mm in diameter

Don't forget the drip loop to stop water entering the hole!
    http://newplans.net/WiFi/Outdoor/img4F.jpg
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (19-03-21),Valiant (22-02-21)

Title
    Thanks

Question

I have another question, I think I may have asked before but could not find it when searching in the forums.

Im trying to get my head around how a quad LNB is wired up to a motorised dish or even a dual output LNB, or should only a single output LNB used for motorised setups?

For exampe if you have multiple tuners 2 or more in a reciever and you want to set it up as a pvr :
    A)one cable gose from reciever to motor
    B) One cable gose from motor to LNB

Am I right in saying that one has to loop the rest of tuners internally as the dish motor conmections are all used up and can only have one cabel from motor to LNB?
    Last edited by ALIEN1X; 20-02-22 at 17:16. Reason: typo

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Only one cable can go through the motor - the other cables go directly from the lnb to the satellite receiver. When configuring the tuners you configure the one that connects to the motor as "positioner". The other tuners are configured as "second lnb of motorised dish"
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (20-02-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Only one cable can go through the motor - the other cables go directly from the lnb to the satellite receiver. When configuring the tuners you configure the one that connects to the motor as "positioner". The other tuners are configured as "second lnb of motorised dish"
    Thanks thats gives me a better understanding.

I assume if all the other cable from LNB go back to reciver then it goes to input tuner B if having a dual tuner dual lnb output

or if more cable outputs form lnb it goes to the inputs of the however tunner models are in the reciever?
    Last edited by ALIEN1X; 20-02-22 at 18:54. Reason: typo

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    I think you are wasting time/resources using a quad LNB on a motor with 4 cables. Your garden is big enough, get a 60cm dish, have 28.2, 19.2 and 13.0 on it. With or without diseqc switches and connect to receiver. Your motorised dish will move only when required and you will have faster zapping times. Dish can be ground mounted.

Back to your original question, if you do use your intended setup, the second cable of motorised LNB can be applied to all 3 tuners bypassing the motor and going direct to the LNB.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the feedback and info