Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: From VU+Solo2 to MAG 420 or a Formuler model for IPTV.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

From VU+Solo2 to MAG 420 or a Formuler model for IPTV.

Hi All I hope you are all staying safe and well,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but it is about 2 different formats so I didn't know where to post.

I have been using the Solo2 with Xtream TV and have a reliable provider, but I am considering going down the route of a streaming box and extending the life of my 5 years old Solo2...by just using it for Sat TV, I got the Solo2 from W of S with great support over those those using VIX software but I need a little help with a new box.

I have a Minix NEO X8-H+ that is no longer supported with software updates so have dabbled with streaming boxes but I never used it with Xtream so I will be starting again and want to get the best use out of whatever box I buy...and I didn't always get things right with the Solo2 plugins ext...regardless of how good the guidance was!!

I like the idea of a remote with voice commands but there is a big price difference between MAG 420 and the latest Formuler GTX so need some help to decide which of either or if there is something else I should consider, I know that my provider has MAG users so that box won't be a problem but not sure about the GTX, but both are supported here so need advice on the pros and cons of both or if I should just stick to what I have for now. I like the idea of 4K so I can justify a new larger screen TV!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
    James.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Formuler z8 Pro with MYTVOnline2 app for IPTV is excellent. I wouldn’t go down the MAG route!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

jamesjay (22-02-21)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks Andy,

I need to make sure that what I get will work with Xtream TV its my providers only option via device mac address...I have never used a android device for IPTV...so can I get a version/plugin of Xtream TV on MYTVonlineapp?

The standard Formuler z8 Pro doesn't come with voice control remote...and when added it comes to £142 with BT remote, which is why I mentioned the GTX there's not much difference in price, another question is that GTX is android TV while the Z8 Pro is android 7...so which is best for future android updates?

Thanks again,
    James

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have the Z8 (pre Pro model) for I pee tv and I'm very satisfied with it, quick channel change, great picture and sound, user interface is as good as Xtream, and MyTV2 set up can either accept a m3u file or you can set it up as you would a Mag box . For your application the Android version is not a deal breaker and Formuler have regular updates for their boxes. I also have a Amazon Prime subscription running on it as I don't posses a Smart TV. well worth considering in my view. wouldn't go back to watching video streaming via a satellite box.
    Octagon SF8008, Vu Zero, Z8, Spiderbox, Openbox, Protek, Mutant HD1200, 80cm clear motorised dish

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CRUMBLIN For This Useful Post:

jamesjay (25-02-21)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies...I am not buying it, it is a belated Christmas come birthday gift from my family so gave them the information on what I would like, and they can't afford a Ferrari so an Android box will have to do!

Thanks for your replies.
    James.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    Another to consider is the Formuler CC. Same spec as the Z8 Pro minus gbit LAN (has 10/100 LAN) but + DVB-T/T2 Terrestrial Freeview HD tuner. Excellent box. Adds DVB bouquet within IPTV bouquets. Easilly switch from DVB Freeview HD to IPTV, record IPTV and watch DVB or vice versa, timeshift DVB, PiP with DVB or IPTV is provider supports it. Really is an excellent device.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

jamesjay (28-02-21)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Another to consider is the Formuler CC. Same spec as the Z8 Pro minus gbit LAN (has 10/100 LAN) but + DVB-T/T2 Terrestrial Freeview HD tuner. Excellent box. Adds DVB bouquet within IPTV bouquets. Easilly switch from DVB Freeview HD to IPTV, record IPTV and watch DVB or vice versa, timeshift DVB, PiP with DVB or IPTV is provider supports it. Really is an excellent device.
    Thanks for all your replies gents,

I would like to keep my DVB freeview and IPTV separate, and also keep my present IPTV provider he is the best and most reliable I have had, but he uses a Xtream panel so I need a box that does 4K for when I upgrade my TV that will accept the same panel that I am using now.

I am leaning towards the Z8 because I am no longer interested in a remote with voice control, but I would like confirmation if my providers Xtream panel can be installed on the Z8 and my provider can activate it via my mac address?

Thanks again everyone.

James.