Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Satellite dish motorised setup

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    It explains a lot... I was almost getting to the point of shouting, particularly at the long intervals between replies.

You do need to do initial setup on motor at zero with the whole rig pointing south, though. Then send the motor to your setup satellite and tweak it after that.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

el bandido (27-02-21)

Title
    Thanks
    I know I told him all that numerous times. It was late when I posted. Have you seen the u tube video that mentions the 3 dots? The image is Openatv 6.4.

In actual fact what he wants is the exact same set up as in your pic as it would push rig out further.
    Last edited by bmitie; 27-02-21 at 09:40.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bmitie For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (27-02-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    I would think that the inverto would be a better bet. When you say you are undoing the screw of the LNB, I take it that you are trying to move the LNB slightly closer to the dish or away from the dish to get the signal peaked? You should do this and also should try rotating the LNB in the holder to get the skew correct. With a motorised setup, the usual thing to do is get the LNB so the the cable is at 6 o'clock looking at the dish from the front when the motor is at zero. The way the dish motor works means that the LNB will skew as the motor turns. Tune to a weaker channel and rotate the LNB in its holder slightly and move it closer or further out in the holder to maximise the signal quality. A tip to check the dish elevation is to grasp the bottom of the dish and push it down or up and watch the signal quality value. This will give you an indication which way to move the dish elevation bolts. Similarly grasp the left or right side of the dish and push or pull and this will give you an indication which way to move the motor u-bolts on the pole.

I can't find sport klub on 0.8W listings. Are those channels on a different satellite? Some transponders may not be aimed at the UK, so you may not get them.
    OK I'm going to change it. Hopefully it will help to resolve the problem.

The sport klub is on 16east satellite. Please check it and let me know.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    This is wrong. 0 is due south. If you are at 1.3 east and you set up 0.8W at zero you will be 2.1º wrong.

You need to set your coordinates in tuner setup and then tell the motor to go to 0.8W. Once the motor is at 0.8W you move the motor around the mast until you find a channel on 0.8W.
    Ah I see, so if I move the whole rig back to dead centre with the motor 0 due to south, how I can tell the motor to go to 0.8west when I enter the correct coordinates in turner setup?

It sounds like to me I need to reset it in the turner. I have tried to reset the motor but it still don't send to 0.8west. I need your help.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chris0147 View Post
    I need your help.
    Your best bet is to pay a professional to come and do it for you.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

bmitie (02-03-21),cactikid (02-03-21),Joe_90 (28-02-21),TK4|2|1 (04-03-21)

Title
    Thanks
    I dont think he realises I am holding his hand over on techkings. I wondered why he took ages to get back to me. The good news is that he can now get sats 0/8w to 46 east the bad news is he has asked me again about setting motor to 0. I have loads of spare time. And he has totally confused himself by asking all over the pplace.

Now if wolves could only confuse city

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bmitie For This Useful Post:

cactikid (02-03-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Your best bet is to pay a professional to come and do it for you.
    I don't need to as I can do it myself. Shame that people like you can't be nice to help others to resolve the ongoing problem
    Last edited by chris0147; 03-03-21 at 02:07.

Title
    Thanks
    I still can't get the move to move to 0.8west when the whole rig is set to 0 due to south.

When I moved the whole rig to dead straight with the motor set to 0 and when I selected on a channel on 0.8west, the motor won't move. I have done the factory reset on the receiver and I have put the correct latitude and longitude in the usuals.

When I selected on a channel on 0.8west the motor still won't move. I can only get the signals when I move the whole rig from dead straight to 0.8west.

Can I ask how do you get the motor to move to 0.8west when I move the whole rig to dead straight with 0 due to south?

I want to get it done correctly so I can move on.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Post a screengrab of your tuner configuration.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    when motor at 0 and you move to 0.8w the dish will not move or just a tiny bit if you have the motor setup about right 0 and 0.8 are less than a degree and has in the post before if you can get music channel with good figures you are just about setup and should be able to pick a good few satellites up. If your mounting pole is not plumb in all directions left/right front/back when the motor and dish are on it you need lots of time up the ladders setting your system up this is the most important thing in any install.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dickie666 For This Useful Post:

bmitie (04-03-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dickie666 View Post
    when motor at 0 and you move to 0.8w the dish will not move or just a tiny bit if you have the motor setup about right 0 and 0.8 are less than a degree and has in the post before if you can get music channel with good figures you are just about setup and should be able to pick a good few satellites up. If your mounting pole is not plumb in all directions left/right front/back when the motor and dish are on it you need lots of time up the ladders setting your system up this is the most important thing in any install.
    Oh right, so how I can get the dish to move when I setup the rig on dead straight as the motor is 0 due to south?

Do I have to disable usuals, reset the motor, disconnect the cable from the motor, select al jazeera english on 0.8west, turn off power, reconnect the cable to the motor, turn on the receiver, turn on the usuals and select al jazeera english to get the motor moving?

If not can you give me step to step with what I need to do to get the motor moving??

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    slightly loosen the bolts connecting the motor to the pole and then manually move the motor by hand to the left or right whilst watching the signal strength. Once you have a good signal, tighten the bolts, then you can try adjusting the vertical angle of the dish to see if the signal improves. The movements need to be small.
    Then use the receiver to send the dish to another satellite, if the pole is true you should get a signal.
    Gigablue Ultra UE 4K - GT-Sat GT-dLNB1DY Unicable LNB

Title
    Thanks
    The box talks to the motor via the cable so in the box you need your lat and long inputted and usals switched on and of cause a channel list which is upto date. Thats after the dish is on the motor arm spot on and the motor is on the pole spot on plumb. Then send the dish to 0.8w and the music channel the one thats not encrepyted.

if you do not get a picture then follow this guide. 2 people with a phone each one at the dish motor the other watching the telly. undo the u clamps just so you can move the motor with a bit of effort. slowly in the direction use choose turn the motor very very slowly if the person watching the telly sees a picture tell them to tell the person on the motor to STOP.

Right person on telly then needs to change channel to another clear channel on 0.8w and see if its the correct one or if you have sat finder on your box when its on any channel with a good signal it will tell you which satellite its locked onto if you flick through the transponders and find the strongest one.

Right if the sat finder does not say 0.8w BUT the have a picture and the satellite which you are locked on thats a point which you can start from.

on the box go to a clear channel on the satellite being shown on the sat finder and look which way the motor turns the dish. So if it moves left then you need to move the motor by hand right and visa/versa. Back to where you had a picture and same satellite on the sat finder.

Right now you are roughly setup.

send the dish via the box to the music channel on 0.8w and do the fine tunning as in the other posts on this thread.

If you cannot follow this guide then there is just no hope or just spend a few quid on a good installer in your area someone with a good meter and at least a bit of a cule.

P.S. This has been one hard thread to help out on when all the info and videos are all over the Web some cracking setup videos on Youtube. It helps have a meter for a start even if you can lend one.
    Last edited by dickie666; 04-03-21 at 17:23.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to dickie666 For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (04-03-21)

Title
    Thanks
    read post 15

He can now get 0.8w to 42e, but has now gone off on a tangent. I have given up. Obstruction for rest of west.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to bmitie For This Useful Post:

dickie666 (04-03-21)

Title
    Thanks
    so if he is setup what his he after im now also at a loss

23. The Following User Says Thank You to dickie666 For This Useful Post:

bmitie (04-03-21)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast