Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How do I flash extra images to Zgemma H7S??

Title
    Thanks

How do I flash extra images to Zgemma H7S??

I got the Zgemma H7s for a friend with the specific intention of loading 4 images so they could mess about and decide on best one BUT I cant do it!!! I have the AXHD61 and that is easy peasy but they wanted DTT and twin S2.

Box came with Openeatv 6.0 so set iit up with that, then pressed power button and got a multiboot menu but that is only when images have been flashed to partitions. I then loaded Openvix with emmc recovery zip and tried image manager, same thing zilch but now I have not 4 partitions but 8, see pic.

With AXHD61 its easy peasy hold power on remote switch on and hey presto you get boot menu.

What do I do??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    There are 4 slots but 2 boot modes with the h7 ( so 4 x 2 options) depending on whether you want to use Kodi or hardware pip. So otherwise its just like the HD61
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

bmitie (14-02-21)

Title
    Thanks
    No its not like the HD61, I cant get to the boot menu. But I may not be explaining myself correctly. I have one image in slot 1 and I want to flash 3 more images but if I just use the USB method it will delete the slot 1. So basically I need to access the boot menu. Hope that makes sense.

I think the way round it is to flash pure2 image first but ....

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You don't use a boot menu on the H7 - in openvix you can flash images to the other slots using the image manager.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (14-02-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmitie View Post
    No its not like the HD61, I cant get to the boot menu. But I may not be explaining myself correctly. I have one image in slot 1 and I want to flash 3 more images but if I just use the USB method it will delete the slot 1. So basically I need to access the boot menu. Hope that makes sense.

I think the way round it is to flash pure2 image first but ....
    OK - understand. Wherever possible I only use the usb flash once (!) and zgemma‘s boot menu (yes, I know you have a HD61, but ..) I just ignore. As Ronand has posted, just use ImageManager to download the latest images from ViX, OpenPli or OpenATV and flash to the slot of your choice - what could be easier.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

8. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

bmitie (14-02-21)

Title
    Thanks
    I got it sorted by flashing PURE2 first. I could not get the facility to select a partition with Vix but I probably missed a step.

All ok now

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmitie View Post
    I got it sorted by flashing PURE2 first. I could not get the facility to select a partition with Vix but I probably missed a step.

All ok now

Which ViX release were you using?

Title
    Thanks
    I was using the latest VIX but what I should have done in image manager was press yellow and downloaded images and then selected flash it may have asked for a partition but I was fixted on seeing a boot menu I would not risk it. Pure2 is a lot easier. I have 4 images loaded now.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    It cant get any easier in vix. When you select the file for flashing it asks you which slot to put it in.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

bmitie (16-02-21)