Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sky q complicated issues (questions)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Hi, there is no such thing as FBC mode. If you are asking if you can make all the tuners/demodulators work independently, that is only possible if you have a unicable/Jess LNB or switch. As you have a Sky Q unit in your setup, the switch with a quattro LNB is the best option. Search for following on Ebay

UNITRON DCSS 422 DSCR ADD ON LEGACY ADAPTOR + POWER SUPPLY BRAND NEW CONVERTER

So what would the difference be if my fbc tuner is connected to the Unicable lnb as opposed to the legacy ports on my current dish?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    With a universal LNB: You can set two tuners as 28.2 (if they have wires hooked up to them). The other 6 will be in FBC automatic, i.e loop through mode.
    With a Unicable switch/LNB: All 8 tuners can be set as 28.2.

You keep saying dish, but I think you mean LNB.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    With a universal LNB: You can set two tuners as 28.2 (if they have wires hooked up to them). The other 6 will be in FBC automatic, i.e loop through mode.
    With a Unicable switch/LNB: All 8 tuners can be set as 28.2.

You keep saying dish, but I think you mean LNB.
    Right so when I mean fbc mode I meant that all 8 tuners can be used. So that's the main advantage.
    I only wished it could be possible with my current satellite dish. I don't really understand this switch thing.
    So I can basically get a 2nd dish with a Unicable lnb. My main question is that I currently have two wires going into my fbc tuner from legacy ports. How would it work with the Unicable lnb. Does it only require one cable?

Title
    Thanks
    You don't need to change your dish. Just the LNB on it. A quattro LNB, 40mm adapter and switch will be cheaper and tidier than two dishes and a unicabe LNB.

How would it work with the Unicable lnb. Does it only require one cable?
    You can use one cable or split the cable. Choice is yours, but better for both tuner inputs to have signal supply to avoid blackouts when ABM runs although there is a workaround. The splitter can be next to the receiver or wherever convenient. Just to add, unicable LNBs have one output port for unicable, they support 24/32 SCR channels across multiple receivers. So you have to use splitters to make full use of them.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You don't need to change your dish. Just the LNB on it. A quattro LNB, 40mm adapter and switch will be cheaper and tidier than two dishes and a unicabe LNB.

You can use one cable or split the cable. Choice is yours, but better for both tuner inputs to have signal supply to avoid blackouts when ABM runs although there is a workaround. The splitter can be next to the receiver or wherever convenient. Just to add, unicable LNBs have one output port for unicable, they support 24/32 SCR channels across multiple receivers. So you have to use splitters to make full use of them.

Hi

But a quattro LNB would not allow me to keep my legacy ports right?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joysleep1 View Post
    But a quattro LNB would not allow me to keep my legacy ports right?
    It depends what type switch you connect to the quattro LNB. You can't connect a quattro LNB directly to a receiver, you have to use a switch. Nothing in your previous posts indicates why you would need "legacy ports". Your xtrend and zgemma will all work off the unicable switch or LNB. I am guessing you have one "tuner card" on your ultimo 4K, so that will take up a maximum of 8 SCR channels.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It depends what type switch you connect to the quattro LNB. You can't connect a quattro LNB directly to a receiver, you have to use a switch. Nothing in your previous posts indicates why you would need "legacy ports". Your xtrend and zgemma will all work off the unicable switch or LNB. I am guessing you have one "tuner card" on your ultimo 4K, so that will take up a maximum of 8 SCR channels.
    Hmm
    I think I'll just leave it as it is.
    I was just hoping I can buy a dual lnb holder

[URL="http://https://www.******.com/products/Universal-Twin-LNB-Holder.html"]http://https://www.******.com/products/Universal-Twin-LNB-Holder.html[/URL

https://www.satgear.co.uk/td-flexi-b...er-300719.html

https://www.******.com/products/Univ...NB-Holder.html
    Something like that where I can buy a Unicable lnb in conjunction with my current sky lnb. I was hoping to avoid switches because they sound too complicated.
    How do dual LNBs work on satellite dishes then?
    Last edited by joysleep1; 20-02-21 at 15:09.

Title
    Thanks
    You can't have two LNBs on the same dish to receive the same satellite. Another dish may be the easier/simpler solution for you if you want to pursue this.

Should you be interested a quattro LNB and switch, there is a switch on ebay, current bid is £1.20. ~4hrs left.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

joysleep1 (21-02-21)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You can't have two LNBs on the same dish to receive the same satellite. Another dish may be the easier/simpler solution for you if you want to pursue this.

Should you be interested a quattro LNB and switch, there is a switch on ebay, current bid is £1.20. ~4hrs left.

Oh I get you. I had no idea the position of the lnb had to be the same. I thought as long as the dish is facing the right way it would be possible.
    Thanks for your input abu.
    Appreciate it.
    Sorry for my ignorance in this area and thanks for being patient

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    HI Guys

This is a picture of my old dish the an octo LNB that was used.

Does anyone know if this dish would be unicable compatible? Would it work with this dish or does unicable set ups only work with special dishes?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    I dont have unicable as cables everywhere but unicable will work with this dish, you may need an adaptor for the collar. And if you have a good signal with sky then you will be fine. Unicable are now coming with legacy ports!! to cater for us oldies.

I don't know your box but make sure its compatible with the unicable you buy.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bmitie View Post
    I dont have unicable as cables everywhere but unicable will work with this dish, you may need an adaptor for the collar. And if you have a good signal with sky then you will be fine. Unicable are now coming with legacy ports!! to cater for us oldies.

I don't know your box but make sure its compatible with the unicable you buy.

Hi

Erm how would I know I need an adapter and where can I buy them from.
    I read from some other forums that apparently the Unicable lnb isn't compatible with sky dishes because it won't fit. Some say you can some some domt but there isn't a way to know for sure.
    I would want to buy one and hire someone to install this but if it won't work it would just be a waste of time.

Generally my signal from sky is good.

I plan to use the Unicable lnb with my ultimo 4k fbc satellite receiver

Title
    Thanks
    Aha, as you will be getting an installer then they will know but SKY dishes are a funny shape and the sky lnb is designed for that dish to get best performance. The collar is not standard but you can get an adapter. The unicable is 40mm collar and this would be the adapter

://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FX7QAPE?tag=duckduckgo-brave-uk-21&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1[/url]

Your dish looks old so I would advise get a better dish ie a triax, lnb will fit so no adapter.

Make sure your installer knows about unicable..

Do a quick google and you wil get a nice guide on the use of unicable at a forum like linux.

And if you have openvix on your receiver then its easy to set tuners.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12