Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: 5.4.005 and EPG changes

Title
    Thanks

5.4.005 and EPG changes

Can anyone explain what is happening with the EPG changes in 5.4.005. It says that OpenTV support is now builtin and the updater told me to uninstall EPGRefresh.
    Did that and upgraded to 5.4.005 but I had no EPG downloaded. I then installed EPGRefresh and the EPG appeared. Am I missing some setup that is required?
    I'm using SkyUK.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fudgyfingers2 For This Useful Post:

dsayers (01-02-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You set the option to on, it will zap to obtain EPG automtically.

See this thread:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...K-epg-download

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fudgyfingers2 View Post
    Can anyone explain what is happening with the EPG changes in 5.4.005. It says that OpenTV support is now builtin and the updater told me to uninstall EPGRefresh.
    Did that and upgraded to 5.4.005 but I had no EPG downloaded. I then installed EPGRefresh and the EPG appeared. Am I missing some setup that is required?
    I'm using SkyUK.
    The message on selecting a software update is misleading. You don't get the new inbuilt EPG updater/zapper (for 28.2E satellite) if you just do a software update. You get it if you do a USB or couch flash.
    EPGRefresh is no longer inbuilt to the image but it can be (re) fetched from the plugin download menu.
    You should not have lost the EPG data as EPGrefresh is just a channel changer to allow you select a channel at a certain time in order to get the EPG broadcast on that channel.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    There is no message now. I deleted it just before 18:00.

It didn't tell anyone to uninstall EPG refresh, it said it would be removed automatically. And anybody wanting to use EPG refresh should re-install it. I had based it on the report by befuddled brain that the update removed it. This later transpired to be incorrect.
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 25-01-21 at 22:49. Reason: Clarify that people who wanted EPG refresh should re-install it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

adm (25-01-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks, missed that thread. OpenTVdownloader plugin was required to be manually installed on my box.

Title
    Thanks
    I am closing this thread. Please refer to the other existing thread.

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...K-epg-download