Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: octagon sf8008twin sx2

williamtell

octagon sf8008twin sx2

Hi Chaps,
    i have just purchased this nice little receiver and wish to utilize it to its potential, although i am not that clued up with linux i have managed a few downloads ex youtube and the odd satellite on tuner A (ideally i would love a list of satellites instead of just the one i download and scan after finding it on motorised any comments would be greatly appreciated] secondly i notice plugins &ip** availability? i have tried this but not successful with ghosting lag and slow mo & bad sync of audio webif/? again any ideas please? internet here is good speeds +vpn? finally could anyone recommend plugins as i notice stalker and k*** but i do not see these? ive had a read on the forum and downloaded some info tia

williamtell
    No Replies? cant be a popular receiver then?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Are you asking about the SF8008 twin dvb-s2x tuner model? Its a very popular model and works well. I have read and re-read your post and can't fathom what you are asking. The best satellite lists are the ones you make yourself. There is no point using someone elses list with satellites that you cant receive. As regards iptv you would need a crystal ball to decode what you are trying to do.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

Huevos (29-01-21)

williamtell
    Yes Ronand re receiver, sorry if a bit vague re requests, what i am asking is HOW to have the list of satellites to choose from, as at present the tuner A tuner B only seems to let me have a couple after download of channels, as for iptv i obviously load with putty and choose provider of my choice [i see stalker & kodi are available on this receiver and as mentioned i have downloaded plugins but stalker turns to black page when i try to open it kodi im stuck when it comes to url thanks again for your patience

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Crazy, I know......

Full stops intimidate young people when used in social media communication as they are interpreted as a sign of anger, according to linguistic experts. ...
    And a study from Binghamton University in New York suggested that people who finish messages with full stops are perceived as insincere.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    And you finished yours with 6.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    And you finished yours with 6.
    I finished mine with dots, not full stops.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Sorry I should have used one of those smiley yokes

williamtell
    Ok Grammar Police , Thanks for your help, will leave the forum! thinking of the newbies i have helped in the past!!!!!!!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Wow - four posts and getting so upset that the forum is not for them...
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Just for reference, for people who want to make a short post, there is a minimum of ten characters. You can use spaces prior to the one full stop. Example below

Code:
    Yes                   .

13. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

ronand (01-02-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    @Willamtell
    The lack of satellites is probably because the channel list you downloaded has a trimmed down satellites.xml. You can replace it using "XML update" in the Tuners and Scanning menu.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

1867 (07-02-21)