Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Enigma2 "bug" on Blindscan capable receivers

Title
    Thanks

Enigma2 "bug" on Blindscan capable receivers

hey,

a question to the E2 guru's out there....

if i add a satellite to "satellites.xml" 40.5w or 58w for example - which then does ALLOW me select the satellite, in order to drive my dish to the satellite, in order to blind scan it, all good on this front, BUT - WHY afterwards even when it does a scan and finds TPs and channels, does a) the satellite, and b) the results not appear in the main sat and channel list afterwards (when you press down arrow, then green (satellites))

surely this is a bug...

however, if a sat and channel list, exists already and then i blindscan it , it quite happily just adds the channels to the existing sat \ & channel list....

so ....whats so different about after blind scanning a satellite (that doesnt appear in list to start with ) does it not show up as selectable after?

PS this is not VIX image specific, happens on several.

thank you!!
    Last edited by manikm; 21-01-21 at 01:13.

Title
    Thanks
    I add satellites when needed, then blindscan them, and they work the same as any other satellite in the original list. Maybe post the .xml satellite file that you have modified so it can be checked for errors?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    I add satellites when needed, then blindscan them, and they work the same as any other satellite in the original list. Maybe post the .xml satellite file that you have modified so it can be checked for errors?
    thanks, ive tried two images, i didnt even amend the latter's satellites.xml - just installed fresh

when i went to 40.5w - i did a blind scan, it found a TP, with 2 channels....but then wasnt added to the main satellites or channels list.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok. I think I understand your problem. What receiver are you using?

Enigma2 will log services it finds during a blindscan or transponder scan. But it will only store channels in the main satellites or channels list if the type is listed in the channel selection file. I think on 40.5w c band, you will find some channels can be scanned that have a type not listed in the channel selection file. These channels can only be viewed under last scanned until a new scan is made. If you want to save these channels for viewing, then you need to add them to a Favourites Bouquet.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to el bandido For This Useful Post:

manikm (21-01-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Ok. I think I understand your problem. What receiver are you using?

Enigma2 will log services it finds during a blindscan or transponder scan. But it will only store channels in the main satellites or channels list if the type is listed in the channel selection file. I think on 40.5w c band, you will find some channels can be scanned that have a type not listed in the channel selection file. These channels can only be viewed under last scanned until a new scan is made. If you want to save these channels for viewing, then you need to add them to a Favourites Bouquet.
    hi mate, thank you for understanding, yes i think that is the issue. 40.5w is one example, same thing on 58w.

im currently using EDISION OS MIO 4K Plus.

if i add to favourite bouquet - can i do that from the channels found using the remote, or do i need to export to PC for some tinkering first?

many thanks again.

Title
    Thanks
    You should be able to use the remote. Simply highlight the channel, and then press the menu button on the remote to add the channel or service to a Bouquet.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by manikm View Post
    hi mate, thank you for understanding, yes i think that is the issue. 40.5w is one example, same thing on 58w.

im currently using EDISION OS MIO 4K Plus.

if i add to favourite bouquet - can i do that from the channels found using the remote, or do i need to export to PC for some tinkering first?

many thanks again.
    You can change the type of service using dreambox edit on a pc

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    You're answering a one year old post.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers