Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Looks like a nice reciever

Title
    Thanks

Looks like a nice reciever

My current VU duo 2 is on its last legs and has done me proud. Need a new box but which one, looking at this versus VU UNO or the Gigablue UHD quad. Just need twin satellite receivers and reliable Osam and using Openvix.

So difficult trying to compare between these boxes, but this one does have a great specification and I believe is the most current of the 3.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Samsung QE55 TV, Sony STN-DN1080 AV Amp, VU Duo2, fixed dish for Freesat, 1m motorised dish.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    So I have both Giga UHD & UE 4K and the HD61.
    Of the Giga‘s purely from the cost point of view unless you need the extra‘s in the UHD, the UE is better value.
    Having said that (and I only use Sat services), the UHD is my lounge receiver (better looking!), but if I hadn‘t invested in both the FBC tuners and unicable switches & LNB‘s), I would seriously consider choosing the HD61 receiver (above any of the other boxes that I have - note my terminology!) - its a nice looking receiver with excellent features.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by psionguy View Post
    My current VU duo 2 is on its last legs and has done me proud. Need a new box but which one, looking at this versus VU UNO or the Gigablue UHD quad. Just need twin satellite receivers and reliable Osam and using Openvix.

So difficult trying to compare between these boxes, but this one does have a great specification and I believe is the most current of the 3.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    why is it on its last legs I still use one daily. Duo² does what you say you require still good box IMO
    Last edited by v8rick; 19-01-21 at 21:09.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts

Looks like a nice reciever

AX HD61 or the Octagon SF8008

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Andy_Hazza; 20-01-21 at 12:03.
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

psionguy (20-01-21)

Title
    Thanks
    V8brick

Getting tuner errors, first one was the loss of tuner B, and now tuner A loses channel information on 0.8 west. I have tried everything but not able to sort out the problem so convinced it is hardware, and I am not very good with a soldering iron. Been a big fan of them, this is my second one. Still considering getting another one, but this box looks rather nice.
    Last edited by psionguy; 20-01-21 at 13:22.
    Samsung QE55 TV, Sony STN-DN1080 AV Amp, VU Duo2, fixed dish for Freesat, 1m motorised dish.

Title
    Thanks
    Does seem that there may be some teething issues on the HD61?
    Last edited by psionguy; 20-01-21 at 13:22.

Title
    Thanks
    Andy

What is your view on the new VU 4k reciever?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    The VU+ receivers are all very nice top end quality.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable