Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Software Update - Updates not being applied

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
OpenViX 5.4.004 (2021-01-12)
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments

Thread: Software Update - Updates not being applied

Title
    Thanks

Software Update - Updates not being applied

2021-01-19 10.53.37.jpg
    Yesterday, in response to seeing the green Update Available icon I applied the 5.4.004 Software Update on top of 5.4.003. The update applied and the box rebooted.

However, the the Update Available icon is still showing and Setup > System > Software Update > View Changes shows the attached screen.

I have several time selected option 2 Update a reboot system but it always returns to the same state with these sames packages available to install.

The box is working fine but it just a bit annoying to see that green Update Available icon all the time when I can't get rid of it.

Any ideas?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

capistrano (19-01-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks. Yes, it's the same problem (boils down to libx264-161 not be updated as it would break existing dependencies).

I re-flashed 5.4.004 and restored settings and all is good now.

Not a bug!
    Last edited by capistrano; 19-01-21 at 12:58.