Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to store the position after fine tuning?

Title
    Thanks

How to store the position after fine tuning?

Hi,
    Please give me an advice
    According to the manual, I repositioned my sat positioner by fine tuning, but under the "Memory index" line, I can not see the "store" button. So i am not able to store the new position, and still stay back the old one.
    How can I store it? I mean under the green button, not visible and available the storing function...
    Thx in advance

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Are you using USALS?
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Are you using USALS?
    yes! using usals

Title
    Thanks
    Go to the "Tune and Focus" line and use "calculate" (blue button) to store the setting.

But this does not work with many diseqc motors. You have to reset the motor by pressing the tiny rest button on the diseqc motor itself.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You don't store positions using USALS - they are calculated for you on the basis that the coordinates entered are correct and the dish is aligned correctly. You can correct for a small installation error by adjusting the E/W coordinate but you are better off getting the ladder out and fine tuning correctly.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    So, the problem is that the tp 12303 signal level is a little bit "weak". (86%, if I remember well 14,0 dB) in sunny day. Somehow the stb is not able to lock this tp
    If I check the other tp on the same sat 0,8W is very high signal level. (100%, according to the internal measurement), If I visit the other sat e.g Astra, the signal level is still ok!

I tried to setup fine the level of the signal only (0,8W), with fine tuning step by step, and I found that I can increase it about 5%. Thats why I want to store this individual position, however the other positoins are ok.
    I hope, my explanation was clear :-)

Anyway, very difficult to go to the disch at winter time.
    I guess, the direction of the disch is correct, because of the level of the other sat-s. E/W also correct.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Just adjust the E/W coordinates in 0.2 degree steps until you get a stronger signal. It sounds like the installation is not too bad.

Title
    Thanks
    you mean, with goto function?
    I will try it today evening, thanks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    No. Adjust the coordinates.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by privatposta View Post
    you mean, with goto function?
    I will try it today evening, thanks
    No - not with the goto function. Change your location longitude by 0.2 degrees east or west and then select another transponder on the satellite and then the original transponder you are trying to "tweak". You may find this a bit of a futile exercise, though as you will probably affect the signal quality on other transponders. It's a game of averaging out

When you are using USALS, the receiver calculates the angular distance between your stored location and the location of the satellite in space and then tells the motor to turn "x" degrees east or west. There is nothing stored in the motor. Ideally, you should have the correct latitude and longitude coordinates stored in the receiver and then you tweak the reception by moving the motor on the pole slightly and/or the dish elevation. I have tweaked my position in the receiver slightly for some very weak transponders on some satellites, but only when they get down to 6 - 8dB. If you're getting 14dB on some transponders your receiver should be locking it OK.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Hi fat-tony,
    Thanks for your reply and explanation.
    I will do it, but If I understand well, it will be changed all the sat position. I will try it also.
    But my first goal was, how can I change and store only one sat (tp) position. According to the user manual, the store function is possible, but this is somehow not available under the green button. :-(
    I will try it to change my local position, but I really do not know the new value :-)
    When I push 8 times the fine tuning button, the signal level is going to the max. (But this is still 90% about 14 dB. Under 13,5 dB the receiver is not able to lock :-(
    Somehow my receiver is not like this tp. My dish is not so big, but I really except the same level of the signal...
    So I do not know the root cause of the problem.

Title
    Thanks
    You can't realistically change only one sat position when you are using USALS. Using the older method (Diseqc 1.2) you would be able to store the individual sat positions in the motor memory, but this is really not used any more as it's quite tricky to set up. USALS should position the dish correctly if the dish mounting is done correctly in the first instance. There is something wrong with either your LNB or tuner if you can't lock under 13.5dB signal-to-noise ratio. How big is your dish? My dish is only 80cm and locks most transponders for me on sats from 42E to 30W. A bigger dish will improve the signal-to-noise ratio, but it needs more careful setup and accurate pointing at the satellite.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

ronand (13-01-21)

Title
    Thanks
    My dish also 80 cm. This is enough for me, because I am not a sat hunter. :-)
    But sometimes, I can check the other sats e.g Astra 19,2 and so on.
    I will recheck the tuner setup and the local lat/long positions again today evening!

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    You can't realistically change only one sat position when you are using USALS. Using the older method (Diseqc 1.2) you would be able to store the individual sat positions in the motor memory, but this is really not used any more as it's quite tricky to set up. USALS should position the dish correctly if the dish mounting is done correctly in the first instance. There is something wrong with either your LNB or tuner if you can't lock under 13.5dB signal-to-noise ratio. How big is your dish? My dish is only 80cm and locks most transponders for me on sats from 42E to 30W. A bigger dish will improve the signal-to-noise ratio, but it needs more careful setup and accurate pointing at the satellite.
    Tony, do you get TRT 4K all the time?

Also are you getting TRT 2 SD?

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 5G using Tapatalk

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanman View Post
    Tony, do you get TRT 4K all the time?

Also are you getting TRT 2 SD?

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 5G using Tapatalk
    TRT4K - 64% (12.8dB) SNR - very stable
    TRT2 on 10958V - 52% (10.5dB) - stable - is actually HD
    TRT2 on 10964V - tune failed
    TRT2HD on 11958V - 77% (15.2dB)

I can't actually find any TRT2 SD version on Lyngsat. All the transponders listed carry a HD version.The 10964V transponder is not listed on Lyngsat, so it probably needs to be deleted from the sat xml file.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

Stanman (15-01-21)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast