Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Audio disappears after I get out of Kodi ...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Audio disappears after I get out of Kodi ...

Hi
    I rarely use kodi, unless I missed something ...

The last few times I exited Kodi, receiver audio did not work any more - every time - I had to reboot system.

I am not one that keeps pushing receiver to the limit.

In fact I only use it to watch recordings at night and setup recordings.

That is it, no other strange happenings, apart from normal use.

Any idea what is its problem?

... I was hoping that it would fix itself after I flash the latest 5.4 when I can [I am on 5.3] .

Also - just remembered - audio kept disappearing for a few seconds - about 7-8 times 'while watching BBC iPlayer' [last night only on Kodi], then switched kodi off and adio went again.

Thanks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    .... I think the obvious answer is to try 5.4.003 and see how you get on, there'll be no direct support for 5.3, which is an old release.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes, Installed last night and the boot loader did not re-load and was stuck on Please wait .... while was adding settings backups etc.

Re-booted manually all OK, but tonight will try Kodi again to see.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes, it seems OK now.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Still happening

It only lasted watching 2 episodes.

Exactly the same problem.

1. Kodi ON
    2. watch 1-2 episodes and then it starts to interrupt audio for a few seconds and then you get a few hiccups just after
    3. it seems it is like a heartbeat, you get a high spike [muted off] then a few mini spikes and this can happen after every minute or so ... so annoying.
    ONLY on Kodi
    Then I switch kodi off and no audio on satellite receiver.

I am forced to reboot every time.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    By the way, Satellite side is fine, as far as I remember.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Last night was OK

Quote Originally Posted by Mundosat View Post
    By the way, Satellite side is fine, as far as I remember.
    Last night was perfect, also I have Fibre that is ~60 Mbps on Ethernet 2m cable

This seems to be the only problem I have now, but only noticed because I am watching 3-4 series I missed, then I will be back on Satellite.

Rarely use Kodi.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I had same problem last night - with also a bit of video freezing - as we had on videotapes - audio kept going off for about 15s.

I also did all the updates listed - I never received any warning of new updates - anyway, I did them and watched a bit then started again - same problem.

Maybe BBC [I am watching] buffering? - but I never got problem using a PC.

ADDITION: forgot to mention I also had a crash [I think after update] while I was in the Timers list [Green button].

Where do I find the logs [using Filezilla] ?
    Found them - I went to the logical place: /home/root/logs

Thanks
    Last edited by Mundosat; 19-01-21 at 10:42.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    LATEST
    Since I started this thread and until now with new latest version (6.2) the audio problem is still the same 90% of the time I switch Kodi OFF and it returns to Satellite, no audio and I am forced to reboot - the only thing that works - obviously!

Also added is the fact Kodi is worse in general.
    1. I have to setup Overscan 'every time' I switch it on - it does not save it or maybe I am not capable to save it - it is NOT obvious what it does or what one has to do.
    2. Subtitles are 'always' on the left of the screen and can only be adjusted vertically! I am a person that really needs subtitles.
    3. sometime - depending on what I do and 'return' back to whatever I was doing, I get thrown out - i.e. Kodi switches off and get back to Plug-in listing (and guess - no audio from satellite)!

I rely on YouTube on training myself on various subjects and KODI is a really important part for me - at periods - I am not always watching YouTube, especially 90% of rubbish in it! ;p}

Really an annoyance.
    Also the fact I had F1 set the way I want it and I now find it takes me to a HUGE list I will never use!

Any help in solving this or even better an y 'alternative' to be able to watch YouTube in peace with Subtitles?

By the way, the videos themselves seem to be much better now, no audio interruptions, no video freezing and Subtitles almost always there, but with the above 'new' problems and still audio problem, never changed after 2 years.

Pfff

(and to think I thought I was getting a good receiver ... in place of my old one)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,887 Times in 2,242 Posts
    LATEST
    Since I started this thread and until now with new latest version (6.2) the audio problem is still the same 90% of the time I switch Kodi OFF and it returns to Satellite, no audio and I am forced to reboot - the only thing that works - obviously!

Also added is the fact Kodi is worse in general.
    1. I have to setup Overscan 'every time' I switch it on - it does not save it or maybe I am not capable to save it - it is NOT obvious what it does or what one has to do.
    2. Subtitles are 'always' on the left of the screen and can only be adjusted vertically! I am a person that really needs subtitles.
    3. sometime - depending on what I do and 'return' back to whatever I was doing, I get thrown out - i.e. Kodi switches off and get back to Plug-in listing (and guess - no audio from satellite)!

I rely on YouTube on training myself on various subjects and KODI is a really important part for me - at periods - I am not always watching YouTube, especially 90% of rubbish in it! ;p}

Really an annoyance.
    Also the fact I had F1 set the way I want it and I now find it takes me to a HUGE list I will never use!

Any help in solving this or even better an y 'alternative' to be able to watch YouTube in peace with Subtitles?

By the way, the videos themselves seem to be much better now, no audio interruptions, no video freezing and Subtitles almost always there, but with the above 'new' problems and still audio problem, never changed after 2 years.

Pfff

(and to think I thought I was getting a good receiver ... in place of my old one)
    „ (and to think I thought I was getting a good receiver ... in place of my old one)“
    Not a receiver issue - none of these E2 receivers were designed for Kodi - audio loss this is down to the Kodi add on and its initialisation/restoration back to E2
    Even my expensive media player has issues every time Kodi is updated to a new version
    Last edited by twol; 17-07-22 at 11:05.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Not hardware problem, but by buying this I got into it and that feature cannot be ever use properly unfortunately - which I did not know.
    The main reason to buy was its quality - which is good and the added Kodi ...

I was NOT minimizing the receiver ... which is very good!

OK?

I guess, it is an annoying thing to keep forever ... especially the 'added' Overscan not saved and Subtitles pushed to the left and when 'under scanned' 3 letters on the left are out.
    I also noticed there is no info on the video any more when on Pause or FF/RW and now is on top with no chance of setting it the way one wants. Pity!

The main thing remains always, no audio 90% times after I switch Kodi off I have to reboot.
    That may be the receiver software?
    Last edited by Mundosat; 17-07-22 at 12:36.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,917 Times in 3,254 Posts
    You really should be complaining to the manufacturer as they supply the drivers that seem to have this bug. Nothing to do with the enigma developers so nothing we can do here.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes, I gathered that ... had this problem since I bought it and thought it to do with system, but never really got a reply. Strange, it seem I am the only one!
    🤣

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,917 Times in 3,254 Posts
    Strange, it seem I am the only one!
    🤣
    Maybe no one else uses Kodi.