Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Two Tuners DUO4K SE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Two Tuners DUO4K SE

Hi all,

We have two DUO4K SE's just arrived late '20.

They are responsive and sublime with the external PSU and touch front panel !

Tuning has not been so straight forward however and I cannot upload logs with the enigma tool so I have attached a system log during a failed scan.

1. With a DVB-T in slot A and DVB-S in slot B (nearside to PCB edge/ rear RHS viewed from the front) I can scan both tuners and lock nearly 700 services.

Upon exit the system reports "Service Unavailable Check Tuner Configuration!" for all satellite services and the channel list is inactive/ "greyed out", however the terrestrial services work normally and are enabled in the channel list/ bouquets.

2. However using the VUPLUS factory image (Experimental 2020-10-21) and with default tuner options, the full range of DVB-T and DVB-S are tuned, locked and the CAM works (yes we have a Government authorised fee based OPTUS-VAST, CAM to watch FTA television in Australia).

To trouble shoot in VIX I have reversed the tuners, no difference.

If I remove the DVB-T tuner, scanning is successful for DVB-S.

Any advice appreciated.

Snippet which seems relevant:

< 1206.7107> [eDVBFrontend1] setVoltage FE_ENABLE_HIGH_LNB_VOLTAGE 0 FE_SET_VOLTAGE 2
    < 1206.7217> [Navigation] playing 1:0:19:36B1:E:1000:6180000:0:0:0:
    < 1206.7319> [Screen] Showing screen 'InfoBar'.
    < 1206.7351> [Notifications] RemovePopup, id = ZapError
    < 1206.7354> [eDVBResourceManager] allocate channel.. 000e:1000
    < 1206.7354> [eDVBServicePMTHandler] allocate Channel: res -7
    < 1206.7355> [eDVBServicePlay] DVB service failed to tune - error 10
    < 1206.7358> [Notifications] RemovePopup, id = ZapError
    < 1206.7359> [Notifications] AddPopup, id = ZapError
    < 1206.7372> [Skin] Processing screen 'MessageBoxSimple', position=(480, 532), size=(960 x 15) for module 'MessageBox'.
    < 1206.7441> [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'icon' in <class 'Screens.MessageBox.MessageBox'>(Service unavailable!
    Check tuner configuration!).< 1206.7442>
    < 1206.7443> [Pixmap] setPixmapNum(3) failed! defined pixmaps: []
    < 1206.7477> [Screen] Showing screen '['MessageBoxSimple']'.
    < 1206.7551> [Navigation] playing 1:0:19:36B1:E:1000:6180000:0:0:0:
    < 1206.7711> [Screen] Showing screen 'InfoBar'.
    < 1206.7782> [Notifications] RemovePopup, id = ZapError
    < 1206.7784> [eDVBResourceManager] allocate channel.. 000e:1000
    < 1206.7784> [eDVBServicePMTHandler] allocate Channel: res -7
    < 1206.7784> [eDVBServicePlay] DVB service failed to tune - error 10
    < 1206.7788> [Notifications] RemovePopup, id = ZapError
    < 1206.7788> [Notifications] AddPopup, id = ZapError
    < 1206.7797> [Skin] Processing screen 'MessageBoxSimple', position=(480, 532), size=(960 x 15) for module 'MessageBox'.
    < 1206.7857> [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'icon' in <class 'Screens.MessageBox.MessageBox'>(Service unavailable!
    Check tuner configuration!).< 1206.7858>
    < 1206.7859> [Pixmap] setPixmapNum(3) failed! defined pixmaps: []
    < 1206.7886> [Screen] Showing screen '['MessageBoxSimple']'.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    --

"corporate greed and chemicals are killin' the land" Neil Young - Greendale 2004.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    So you have 2 sat feeds from a Universal LNB? Can you post pictures of the Sat Tuner configs.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    So you have 2 sat feeds from a Universal LNB? Can you post pictures of the Sat Tuner configs.
    Thank you for the reply.

Only one sat feed from a single/ universal LNB (I have two fixed dishes with different LNB's and the result is the same).

The other tuner is terrestrial in the "A" position and always works/ locks services.

The remarkable aspect is that a factory image (Experimental 2020-10-21) as above, can scan and lock all services' every time with default choices for the tuners'/ LNB.

I have followed the configuration from our DUO2's which have been amazing and faultless for three years on all these services.

Will export some images' later as I am at work today!
    --

"corporate greed and chemicals are killin' the land" Neil Young - Greendale 2004.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi all, this is going nowhere.

I can tune the VAST bird (Optus D3/10) with just the DVB-S tuner in the VU+ DUO4K, lock all channels and reboot to the last service which works.

If I add the DVB-T tuner I can scan all services' on that satellite (Optus D3/D10) and the terrestrial services on five senders.

As soon as I browse the channel list, the satellite services' are unavailable and only the terrestrial services can be tuned.

When I reboot the DVB-T tuners are disabled each time !!

Using a VUPLUS factory image the above does not happen, I can lock all services and the tuners work with defaults on both DVB-T and DVB-S.

In the factory image I notice that the Terrestrial tuners are A/B and the Satellite are listed B/C. I have switched the tuners and the result is the same.

With VIX the Terrestrial are A/B and the Satellite are listed I/J in the tuner listing (see below).

At this stage to use VIX I have one VU+ DUO4K SE on Terrestrial and the other on Satellite, clunky and costly, not going in the HT this way when the DUO2's are so smooth to use !

Also the terrestrial tuner is insensitive compared to the DUO2, signal is often 50% and has lots of artefacts all the time where the DUO2 has none, although the HT has a final distribution amp and it will be trouble free there I reckon.

We have a mast head amp at the 96 element terrestrial antenna on a 48' (15M) point on our comm's tower which 'sees' the senders quite well, even though they are 59KM away.

OPTUS D3-D10 SIGNAL FINDER.jpg
    Signal Finder / OPTUS D3/D10 at 156.0°E

Scanning-Results-All.jpg
    Combined scanning result.

Ch-list-with-inactive-SAT-services.jpg
    Service list with Satellite channels unavailable (before reboot when all are unavailable).

Disabled DVB-T after reboot.jpg
    Disabled DVB-T tuners after reboot !

DVB-S-service-unavailable.jpg
    Service unavailable for DVB-S channel, no tuner shown in lower rhs corner !

DVB-S Tuner Config.jpg
    LNB Config (same as we have used on our DUO2's for years) scans, locks, but does not tune when DVB-T tuner is installed only, in VIX though).

DSC02804.jpg
    Our "Southern Cross - KVC" comm's tower with the terrestrial antenna pointing left.

VU+DUO4KSE-ABOUT.jpg
    About.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    --

Title
    Thanks
    This has been rattling along for a few days on another forum - with absolute confusion caused by Vu and their input labelling.
    So the forum decision, which fixed this user, was that the FBC tuner should always be in the 1st slot (A) and the DVB-S2x tuner should show in the tuner setup tuner A and B and 6 virtual tuners ending with tuner H. Your other tuner dvb-t should go in the 2nd slot and be I,J
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Aust-VAST (17-01-21),Willo3092 (16-01-21)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    This is a back view of the Duo 4k SE on amazon....

(The ultimo4k has the slots labelled C B A ie the opposite way round.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ccs; 16-01-21 at 13:25.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (16-01-21),Aust-VAST (17-01-21)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Your other tuner dvb-t should go in the 2nd slot and be I,J
    Thank you for the reply and I have switched the tuners' in the latest VIX image and we have success !

Except that the DVB-T tuner is still disabled after reboot !

As most of my testing has been done with the factory image, how can the tuner be enabled every boot in VIX?

37.3445> [eDVBFrontend] setSlotInfo for dvb frontend 0 to slotid 0, descr Vuplus DVB-S NIM(45308X FBC), need rotorworkaround No, enabled Yes, DVB-S2 Ye
    37.3446> [eDVBFrontend] setSlotInfo for dvb frontend 1 to slotid 1, descr Vuplus DVB-S NIM(45308X FBC), need rotorworkaround No, enabled Yes, DVB-S2 Ye
    37.3446> [eDVBFrontend] setSlotInfo for dvb frontend 2 to slotid 2, descr Vuplus DVB-S NIM(45308X FBC), need rotorworkaround No, enabled No, DVB-S2 Yes
    37.3446> [eDVBFrontend] setSlotInfo for dvb frontend 3 to slotid 3, descr Vuplus DVB-S NIM(45308X FBC), need rotorworkaround No, enabled No, DVB-S2 Yes
    37.3446> [eDVBFrontend] setSlotInfo for dvb frontend 4 to slotid 4, descr Vuplus DVB-S NIM(45308X FBC), need rotorworkaround No, enabled No, DVB-S2 Yes
    37.3446> [eDVBFrontend] setSlotInfo for dvb frontend 5 to slotid 5, descr Vuplus DVB-S NIM(45308X FBC), need rotorworkaround No, enabled No, DVB-S2 Yes
    37.3446> [eDVBFrontend] setSlotInfo for dvb frontend 6 to slotid 6, descr Vuplus DVB-S NIM(45308X FBC), need rotorworkaround No, enabled No, DVB-S2 Yes
    37.3447> [eDVBFrontend] setSlotInfo for dvb frontend 7 to slotid 7, descr Vuplus DVB-S NIM(45308X FBC), need rotorworkaround No, enabled No, DVB-S2 Yes
    37.3447> [eDVBFrontend] setSlotInfo for dvb frontend 8 to slotid 8, descr Vuplus DVB-T NIM(BCM3466), need rotorworkaround No, enabled No, DVB-S2 No
    37.3447> [eDVBFrontend] setSlotInfo for dvb frontend 9 to slotid 9, descr Vuplus DVB-T NIM(BCM3466), need rotorworkaround No, enabled No, DVB-S2 No
    --

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thank you, yes the rear on the DUO4K SE's I have is the opposite tuner labelling from the web image, which I have noticed some time back too.

DUO4KSE-REAR-PANEL.jpg

Spare machine with the tuners' incorrectly placed too I might add !
    Last edited by Aust-VAST; 17-01-21 at 05:46.
    --

Title
    Thanks
    Sometimes with repeated changes, the setup gets confused. If you haven‘t done so then flash and set up afresh (no settings restore)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Aust-VAST (17-01-21)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sometimes with repeated changes, the setup gets confused. If you haven‘t done so then flash and set up afresh (no settings restore)
    Good thinking, I will try that soon and report how it goes.

VIX is so sublime that I only have a few minor adjustments to make that back is not really needed anyway.
    --

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Great advice, thank you and a VIX 5.4.003 raw install, for the first time I have the VAST TP's on Optus D3/D10 (co sited satellites') and the five terrestrial senders catalogued in the VUDUO4K SE !!

Will set one up and integrate to the HT soon to supersede the magnificent DUO2 !

Great work team VIX "thank you".
    --

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Aust-VAST For This Useful Post:

cactikid (18-01-21)