Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Unicable tune fail error

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Just out of curiosity, do you still have the solo 2 available? No need to do anything with it just yet.
    No sorry sold it on and upgraded to the Gigga
    Thedoc
    VU+ Duo 4K SE
    Zone 2 dish 60cm
    Gigablue LNB Unicable SCR 2 legacy 5.4 (release)
    Positioned to 28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    I'd connect both. In some situations this is an advantage. E.g. you can run ABM without a blackout.
    That black screen can be avoided by setting the priority of tuner A to "1 (less than auto)" - it won't then be used for viewing/recording

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goRt View Post
    That black screen can be avoided by setting the priority of tuner A to "1 (less than auto)" - it won't then be used for viewing/recording
    That is a workaround to leave the sole available root tuner vacant. What I suggested means there are two root tuners available.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

goRt (08-01-21)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Soory team i was off the radar yesterday my Sony Tv has developed a screen fault that requires a new screen and out of warranty

So did the manual scan as requested
    Tuner A resulted from a manual scan at 890 channels
    Tuner B resulted from a manual scan at 890 channels also both with network scan off on both
    Legacy connected to the STB

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Checking/re-terminating the cables is a good start. Fault finding needs to be methodical and systematic and limit the variables. Can we leave out the unicable for time being and just use the legacy connections?

A screenshot of Menu > Information > Devices is still pending to remove the query about which tuner modules you have.

The services/channels being tested need to remain constant as far as possible.
    Once you have the the legacy connections set hooked up and tuners configured correctly, can you please conduct the following two tests.
    A manual scan, Tuner A, single satellite, No to network scan, should yield 880+ services.
    A manual scan, Tuner A, single satellite, No to network scan, should yield 880+ services.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thedoc
    VU+ Duo 4K SE
    Zone 2 dish 60cm
    Positioned to 28.2E

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thedoc11 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (08-01-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Glad you saw the typo and scanned using both tuners.

So we know that both tuners are fine.
    We know those two cables are fine.
    We know dish and LNB is aligned properly.
    We know that the legacy ports of LNB are fine.
    Twol says he uses the same LNB with the same receiver, so assuming your tests are equal, that eliminates the drivers/software.

The final test would have been to use another receiver with the Unicable part of LNB. If it had exhibited same fault, then that would have been conclusive. I am confident we can conclude the Unicable aspect of LNB is faulty.

One last check you could do (If you have started from scratch already, please ignore):
    Flash an image into a different slot. Do not restore anything. Hook up the Unicable LNB as per your diagram. Configure tuners to match and then run your tests.

You then have to decide whether to pay an engineer to confirm your findings and then also pay for a new LNB. Or just replace the LNB and save on the "professional" costs. That being said, you have two terrestrial tuners, surely with 4 tuners you don't need a unicable LNB?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (08-01-21)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I agree with @Abu, it maybe easier to buy another LNB (unless supply and fitting of current LNB is under warranty) and fit this yourself or pay someone to fit if not possible to fit yourself.

This would mean that should this issue continue with new LNB you can then go to supplier of your box and say you have tested cable and replaced LNB with a new one so only thing left is box/tuner.
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 09-01-21 at 15:59. Reason: remove comments no longer relevant to this thread

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Box was purchased from The sponsor here
    the LNB was purchased on Amazon can't return to them I defo think its the LNB and not the STB as the STB is functioning fine.
    Thedoc
    VU+ Duo 4K SE
    Zone 2 dish 60cm
    Positioned to 28.2E

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thedoc11 View Post
    Box was purchased from The sponsor here
    the LNB was purchased on Amazon can't return to them I defo think its the LNB and not the STB as the STB is functioning fine.
    I agree it definitely does point towards LNB.

If you were to buy another LNB (ie one from sponsor), would you be able to replace this yourself as that would save you a fortune as @Abu mentioned?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes I think I could do it myself I have a basic meter to check signal strength just need to get a hold of a ladder and away we go lol.

BTW got in touch with amazon to request a warranty return just waiting for a answer back.

I did place my meter between the unicable LNB and the STB and the meter jumps in signal all over the place 23% then to 99% then down to 2% etc, If i turn the STB off then I loose all the signal and then after about 10 mins it will show a week signal and then jump about if you change channel again

The Legacy outputs just stay at 99% all the time and does not move, even if I turn on and off or change channel.
    Last edited by thedoc11; 11-01-21 at 18:41.
    Thedoc
    VU+ Duo 4K SE
    Zone 2 dish 60cm
    Positioned to 28.2E

13. The Following User Says Thank You to thedoc11 For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (11-01-21)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thedoc11 View Post
    Yes I think I could do it myself I have a basic meter to check signal strength just need to get a hold of a ladder and away we go lol.
    If your careful (and lucky) enough, you maybe able to replace LNB without having to move dish at all.
    Last edited by bbbuk; 11-01-21 at 19:03.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The LNB is a bit far out so I may have to pull it close to the wall, swap it over then find the signal and tweak I changed the fittings on the LNB last week and I could only just reach the lNB but its a bit far out to swap
    Thedoc
    VU+ Duo 4K SE
    Zone 2 dish 60cm
    Positioned to 28.2E

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok so today I replaced the LNB with a GIGABLUE scr 24 Unicable one and low and behold as soon as i added the advanced settings as unicable to the tuner settings everything came on first time every time no tune fails or loss of channels after reboots etc.

I just want to take this opportunity to say thank you to the team for the support, knowledge and expertise in fault finding and isolating it to the LNB. I shipped the Opticum back to german today to have it tested will update what is reported back.
    Thedoc
    VU+ Duo 4K SE
    Zone 2 dish 60cm
    Positioned to 28.2E

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedoc11 For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (29-01-21),twol (29-01-21),Willo3092 (29-01-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Great to know - hopefully you can now enjoy a continued & excellent reception on your Giga LNB
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

19. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

thedoc11 (29-01-21)

Title
    Thanks
    so I have a Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K

Just connected to what I think is a standard lnb only tuners A and B are enabled but I can watch at the same time BBC1 HD, Channel 4 HD, ITV2, POP, and Dave. Why is this possible?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    That is because the other tuners will work in loop through mode.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456