Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: F-type connectors

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

F-type connectors

Is it possible to get a 45 degree f-type connector?
    I've looked about online but can't get any - only 90 degree connectors.

Thanks.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes use ordinary f connector on cable and a 90 degree one.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/382477070283...pid=5338359784

Sorry only see you wanted 45 degree as never seen them.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiaomi View Post
    Is it possible to get a 45 degree f-type connector?
    I've looked about online but can't get any - only 90 degree connectors.

Thanks.
    I've never seen any. The 90 degree ones are not that great quality. The 90 degree connection tends to be a mechanical push fit - two bits of metal pushed together rather than a continuous bit of metal or soldered connection as the centre connection. I've had a couple fall apart - but can be re-assembled by forcing one part back into the other with a pair of large water pliers.

Ideally use wf100 type cable for satellite or terrestrial digital TV but if you have problems connecting fly leads to the back of your box and wf100 (or equivalent) is too stiff perhaps use wf65 cable (which has 100% screening) with the appropriate (internally) smaller F plug. This is more flexible and possibly allows a smaller radius bend.

Ideally wf65 with a 100% copper screen but you may find that 99% of suppliers (Ebay etc.) will have a aluminium screen which will be adequate for short length.

Code:
    https://www.webro.com/coaxial/tv-satellite/wf65-twin/
    F plugs for WF65 cable
    Code:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Twist-On-Twin-Shotgun-F-Plug-Connector-For-WF65-CT63-Twin-Shotgun-Coax-Cable/391500943473?hash=item5b27465071:g:JkoAAOSwIVpdejFr
    Many Ebays sellers with a cable and f plug combination. Note: WF65 comes as a shotgun cable (two cables connected together) but is easily split to give individual cables.

How to fit a F plug (Note: Satcure no longer trade)
    http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/fplugs.htm
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    What I'm trying to do is to tidy up cabling that feeds into a multi switch. It comes in at a right angle to the switch.
    I can't see how to tidy it up otherwise.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiaomi View Post
    What I'm trying to do is to tidy up cabling that feeds into a multi switch. It comes in at a right angle to the switch.
    I can't see how to tidy it up otherwise.
    If the cable comes in at a right angle, then that's what 90 degree connectors are used for. I've never seen 45 degree connectors.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

cactikid (30-12-20)