Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Technomate Nano SE M2 Plus Satellite FTA Dual Tuner Configuration?

tearing-out-my-hair

Unhappy Technomate Nano SE M2 Plus Satellite FTA Dual Tuner Configuration?

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help?

A couple of years ago, in the flat I'm renting, the communal TV signal started going on the blink, and trying to get the management company to do anything about it was a lost cause.

A satellite dish was installed by a previous tenant (or the landlord), with two coax cable feeds coming into the flat.

I bought a Technomate Nano SE M2 Plus and paid for an extra "external" tuner (IMHO, misleading description, as it's essentially a daughter board on the main board), to allow me to record two channels at the same time.

I appreciate that the box uses a Linux distro, so I'm not sure which "software", but the factory-installed "software" has a nasty habit of crashing the box when you are fast forwarding and suddenly stop, as I often do when fast forwarding past the advert break (offhand, I can't remember if it is "stopped" with pause, stop or play).

When this happens, I end up having to power-cycle the box.

Recently, this didn't work, and the power LED on the front was exhibiting a slow flash (much like a PC's beeps if POST fails, I guess).

I ended up Googling and finding that the box needed to be flashed in its non-booting state, which I've accomplished.

Sadly, I didn't make a note of the settings when I originally got the, and no matter what I do now, if I try to record two channels at the same time, I get a "timer sanity error".

Details:
    "Virtuoso Image Extream by Team ViX"
    Image : 5.4.003 (Release)
    Drivers : 2018-08-08
    Kernel : 4.2.1
    Gstreamer : 1.17.0.1
    Python : 2.7.16
    Installed : 2020-11-11
    Last update: 2020-11-11

Tuner A: BCM7362 (internal) (DVB-S2)
    Configuration mode : Advanced
    Satellite : 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G
    LNB : LNB 1
    Priority : Auto
    Type of LNB/device : Universal LNB
    Voltage mode : Polarization
    Increased voltage : No
    Tone Mode : Band
    DiSEqC mode : None
    Force legacy signal stats: No

Tuner B: SP2238AVb (external) (DVB-S2)
    Configuration mode : Advanced
    Satellite : 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G
    LNB : LNB 2
    Priority : Auto
    Type of LNB/device : Universal LNB
    Voltage mode : Polarization
    Increased voltage : No
    Tone Mode : Band
    DiSEqC mode : None

Preferred tuner : auto
    Preferred tuner for recordings: auto

As I say, I didn't previously make a note of the settings, though I recall a similar hair-tearing exercise when originally trying to get (recording via) the second tuner working.

I've tried changing the Configuration mode of one of the tuners to "Equal to" the other, and "Loop through from" the other, rescanned for channels, all to no avail - the box insists on giving the timer sanity error.

[The Automatic rescanning was a bit confusing - it only gave an option to scan Tuner A, and although the TM-NANO-SE M2 Plus manual doesn't mention it, a TM-Nano-3T manual I found online says that "If tuner A and B are configured for the same satellite(s), only Tuner A will appear [in the prompt for which tuner to scan]"]

At the end of last week, I called Technomate and indicated the problem of trying to set a timer for another channel.

They said to change the tuner configuration so that Tuner A had Configuration Mode=Simple and Mode=Single, with Tuner B set to Configuration Mode=Equal to Tuner A (which didn't seem right to me, because the info text in the menu suggests that is where you have a single LNB).

They then asked me to record the live broadcasts of the two channels for which the timers were trying to be set, and they both recorded, so the implication was that it was an EPG issue.

I've got around to trying to set up timers for the week, and again I'm getting timer sanity errors (I've since changed the config back from Technomate's suggestion/recommendation to the config listed at the start of this post, and the problem persists).

At the time of posting, the lack of external light means I can't readily provide any more information about the LNB, but it appears to have a single feed horn.

My only experience of satellite receivers prior to this is my old man's for-the-masses Sky box.

Based on my (admittedly) limited knowledge, it appears to be the case that despite there being two working tuners (I can disable each of them independently, and still view channels, with the info bar reporting Tuner A or B as relevant), once a recording is started (or timed) for a particular transponder, it simply won't let me record any channel on any other transponder at the same time.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to something I'm missing (a plugin required in order to record from 2 tuners?) or some configuration setting I've not yet performed?

Mark

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Set both tuner A & B to

Configuration Mode: Simple
    Mode: Single
    Satellite: 28.2E

Or you can set B=A as most likely you are using a twin/quad LNB
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

tearing-out-my-hair
    >Set both tuner A & B to
    >
    >Configuration Mode: Simple
    >Mode: Single
    >Satellite: 28.2E
    >
    >Or you can set B=A as most likely you are using a twin/quad LNB

If I do either, and -as an example - activate recording now for 15 minutes on Quest, then attempt to activate a 15-minute recording now for More 4, I get "Timer Sanity Error", indicating that the conflicting timer is with the currently-active recording on Quest. :-(

If however, I activate a 15-minute recording for Quest, then activate a 15-minute recording for Quest+1, both recordings run concurrently.

Is this likely to be an EPG data issue, or something to do with how "it" decides which (if any) tuner is available?

It appears to me that it is only choosing to record from a single tuner.

Mark
    Last edited by tearing-out-my-hair; 28-12-20 at 21:41. Reason: typo of ther for the

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Check each tuner has a signal in signal finder and that each tuner can record as that might be your issue.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cactikid For This Useful Post:

tearing-out-my-hair
    >Check each tuner has a signal in signal finder and that each tuner can record as that might be your issue.

Thanks cactikid, I think you might have got close to hitting the nail on the head...

Disabled tuner B (which was set to Equal to Tuner A), started a recording on BBC Two.

Stopped recording, went into Signal Finder, it reports:
    SNR: 100%
    AGC: 94%
    BER: 0
    Lock: [Tick]
    TSID: 2045
    ONID: 2
    Orb Pos: 28.2E
    Tuner: Tuner A: BOM7352 (internal) (DVB-S2)
    Satellite: 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G
    Tune: Predefined transponder
    Transponder: 10773 H 22000 5/6

Re-enabled tuner B as:
    Configuration mode: Simple
    Mode: Single
    Satellite 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G
    Send DiSEqC: No

Disabled tuner A, changed channel to BBC One N West (because the info bar showed it was still receiving from Tuner A).
    Info bar now shows it is receiving from Tuner B

Started a recording on BBC One N West; curiously now, almost all of the channels in my Favourites (TV) bouquet are greyed out.

Stopped recording, went into Signal Finder, it reports:
    SNR: 100%
    AGC: 98%
    BER: 0
    Lock: [Tick]
    TSID: 2047
    ONID: 2
    Orb Pos: 28.2E
    Tuner: Tuner B: SP2238Vb (external) (DVB-S2)
    Satellite: 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G
    Tune: Predefined transponder
    Transponder: 10803 H 22000 5/6

I think the greying out of channels in the Favourites (TV) bouquet might be the key here...

I've probably lost track of the number of times that I have performed new automatic/manual scans of both tuners, as well as deleting EPG cache.

When I first performed scans, I would have then manually added channels to the Favourites (TV) bouquet, manually moving the channels into a particular order.

Q1: Is there an association between each selected channel and which tuner(s) it is available on?

Q2: Does it store some kind of unique internal identifier for each channel in a database, and it is this identifier that the bouquet (and/or EPG) uses to map back to the tuner on which the channel is available?

[If so, and you perform a new automatic/manual scan (and select "yes" for Clear before scan), then although it finds "the same" channels as before (with "the same" satellite, transponder, ONID, TSID &etc.), because the new internal identifier doesn't match what was previously set for each channel in the (bouquet) database, it would no longer sees the channel as being available on the tuner(s) that has/have been rescanned.

That would seem to be a bit of a poor design choice]

Q3: Presumably scans don't create multiple entries for each channel for each tuner (if the tuner settings are "essentially" the same)?

[If it did, you'd have to have one entry in your bouquet/EPG for each tuner/channel pairing, and you'd then have to remember "select THIS Channel 4 rather than THAT Channel 4"]

Mark

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    2 tuners with 2 feeds need to be setup as Simple and Single with both listing 28.2.
    Because you only have 1 working feed you cant access other channel = greyed out.

The box only needs to be scanned once and find channels.

AutobouquetMaker setup to give you bouquets.

Epg setup for usb or hdd saving NOT INTERNAL FLASH.

When abm is rerun it updates the bouquets but on the second page there should be one for user to use as is not affected with a daily rescan.
    Last edited by cactikid; 29-12-20 at 00:52.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    The correct/better settings have been posted by Ronand. Although better in my opinion to avoid the equal to option.

The complication is that once you set tuners advanced, you don't see some of the options. To me, the most fundamental aspect of setting up a receiver is to ensure that you set the correct tuner configuartion. Correct = each tuner being configured to match reception hardware attached to it. Just because it works does not mean it is correct. You will encounter an issue somewhere else if you get it wrong. Most people say what the tuner has been set as, but they never actually say what the reception hardware is. An "I'm not sure" can lead to diagnosis, but people seldom say that.

If you want to ensure your tuner config is correct:
    Stop Enigma2 using "init 4" command
    Edit the file called "settings" in /etc/enigma2 by deleting all the lines that start with "config.Nims"
    Transfer back and restart enigma2 with "init 3"

There is a recently added option in factory reset to do this, but I've never tried it.

Don't mix up Channels/Services, Bouquets and EPG. If you treat the three as separate, you won't get in a muddle. Those who refuse to accept the difference struggle to get to grips with their receiver.

EPG is just synopsis

The channels/services are stored in a file called lamedb in /etc/enigma2 (lamedb5 isn't really used for anything at the moment). There is only one database for all the tuners. You select the service, and E2 will try to use a qualifying tuner. Subject to recordings taking place, your preferance settings etc. People mistakenly try to scan from both tuners not realising it is the same database. The services can be grouped/shown in different methods, you can pick from any method.

When you have no qualifying free tuners, services are greyed out. Using Timeshift is the same as recording and could tie up a tuner.

The bouquets (groups of channels) are stored in files ending in .tv and .radio also in /etc/enigma2 bouquets.tv and bouquets.radio list the other corresponding files

Have a read of this guide:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...nel-navigation

If flashing images/changing images, you can backup your channel data and bouquets using settings editors like Dreamset, DreamboxEdit, E-channelizer. You can sort your services into the groups you want using your PC instead of the remote.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post: