Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Why recordings stop at EPG boundaries?

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why recordings stop at EPG boundaries?

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Does the same happen on the FTA channels?
    and on the FTA channels if you remove the CAM?
    (I'm assuming you can get a few FTA channels on those satellites, tell me if I'm wrong).

Title
    Thanks
    I have not tried that yet, BefuddledBrian,...
    ... but I have seemingly managed to wipe out all traces of EIT and my EPG seems blanked. I deleted not only the EPG cache but also everything looking like remotely related to it, disabling the respective setting, removing the built-in extension. Only indefinite recordings are now possible. So I set up one. I check its parameters, it is 1 week long (1440 minutes). I edit it to do nothing after the event and disable any detection of timer conflicts.
    And guess what?
    They still inexorably stop at where the programme boundaries would otherwise be, if they had not been seemingly obliterated. They stop in the very same manner described previously: the picture freezes, the recording is blank afterwards.

Regardless of the timer settings, the recordings immutably stop at the now-obliterated programme boundaries!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    There is no feature in openvix or other enigma2 image to detect program boundaries during recording. Turn on debug logging and reproduce your problem and upload the logs here. Without the logs it is impossible to tell what is happening. Also try it on a FTA channel as well.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    There is no feature in openvix or other enigma2 image to detect program boundaries during recording.
    If the broadcaster sets a start and end program marker these are detected by the box and added to the recording.
    Start watching a new (FTA) recording and bring up the progress bar and you should see two markers on the bar. The bar shows the overall recording time with pre and post padding and the markers show the broadcsat start and end markers.

Example:

record_progress_bar.jpg

When watching a recording you can jump immediately to the start end markers by pressing the > button (the one beneath the 9 key).

Turn on debug logging and reproduce your problem and upload the logs here. Without the logs it is impossible to tell what is happening. Also try it on a FTA channel as well.
    Yep, see if it works on a normal FTA channel as it does for everyone else.

If your other channels don't work then it suggests that it is the broadcast content that is stopping recording.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    It marks/records the program boundaries as sent by the broadcaster but doesn't actually use them to adjust recording duration. It must be something to do with the CAM allowing access to one stream at a time.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    It marks/records the program boundaries as sent by the broadcaster but doesn't actually use them to adjust recording duration.
    It doesn't adjust recordings because there is no mechanism in the software but they are detected in much the same way as different audio streams are detected on program boundaries. My AV amp will switch to different modes at the program/advert boundary.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Your amp switches when the sound stream changes - it's nothing to do with the boundary marker.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    do you have VPS plugin installed? VPS analyzes now/next information and manipulates the recording times. It only works if the content provider provides the needed informations correctly which hardly anyone does.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Antikapitalista View Post
    Regardless of the timer settings, the recordings immutably stop at the now-obliterated programme boundaries!
    Does a factory image improve matters?

http://code.vuplus.com/index.php?act...0&model=vuduo2
    --

"corporate greed and chemicals are killin' the land" Neil Young - Greendale 2004.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12