Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Dream EPG Android app......iOS or Docker alternative

Title
    Thanks

Dream EPG Android app......iOS or Docker alternative

Hey guys. Been using Dream EPG premium for years on my android phone, mostly to add a timer for an upcoming tv show I may of read about on my twitter timeline,

Ive just purchased an iPhone, there is no version of this particular app on iOS. I have installed some generic enigma2 remote apps, that have epg search functionality, but most if not all are terrible, broken and not updated in years.

To get around this, is there anything I can spin up in a docker container on my home server that might provide and EPG gui for my sources (freesat/saorview) that I can search and set timer on my vu duo 4k box

BrokenUnusableAccount
    You could just access OpenWebif on the box.
    Don't just forward a port in to the box though, use a VPN so only you can get in.
    You could run the VPN server on your NAS or on your router/gateway.

Title
    Thanks
    Ya I have Synology vpn server running already for external access to a couple of containers, sonarr etc...so I did of course try what you suggested already. Is there a search EPG in openwebif without having to go into desktop mode. It's not a great alternative unfortunately imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BobbyC For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    There was a script/program uploaded by Leshay (I think) that does it. Or you can use OWIF.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    There was a script/program uploaded by Leshay (I think) that does it. Or you can use OWIF.
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...tion-by-Leshay

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the replies, the links to his app seem to be dead, but is it a windows app?, I’m looking for something on Linux, preferably as a docker container, as it would probably have a web front end I can access off my server

Tall order I guess

I may have to try fork an Android app to swift as a project

Dream epg android app is amazing, not sure why the developer has not made an iOS version also, he would clean up I’m sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk