Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Cannot connect VU+Duo2 to the internet!

Title
    Thanks

Cannot connect VU+Duo2 to the internet!

Help! Following a mains spike, my VU+duo2 stopped working, I installed the latest Vix and everything seemed back to normal until I tried to access the HDD from my pc, it was not showing in my network. I tried a network test from the VU, it says LAN and Local are connected but does not show an IP address. My router shows the VU but says not connected and using DHCP although I had disabled it, I have tried enabling DHCP but it still does not show an IP address. I have re-started the router, Vu and PC many times to no avail. FlashFXP seems to access the box but it does not show the content of the HDD. I have attached some screen shots and would appreciate any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    ethernet of the box maybe blown out.Had the same here with my first duo2 after short cut in house an fuse blown out.Or maybe your lan cable became defect.Try setting all on DHCP enabled and see what happens. On my box ethernet interface was defect and box had to go to VU .Was away 3 months.
    To see your HDD I think samba needs to be enabled
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bellejt For This Useful Post:

cactikid (21-12-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    You should enable DHCP on the VU+ as your router is set to allocate the same address .239 to it each time (assuming the VU MAC address still matches what your router is expecting!).
    The newest versions of Vix now require you to set a password for root in the setup (it's one of the options in the network menu). This will need to be set in your FTP client also. If FlashXP is actually contacting the box, then the ethernet connection is presumably ok, but the router needs to be showing it. It may be a hardware issue if you've had a voltage surge, though
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you, problem sorted, a cable switch was causing the fault.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to keithr For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (22-12-20),bellejt (22-12-20),cactikid (22-12-20),Joe_90 (22-12-20)