Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: PLEX for VU+ Duo 4K SE

Title
    Thanks

Question PLEX for VU+ Duo 4K SE

Hi,

I notice that Plex have an " Ubuntu (16.04+) / Debian (8+) - ARMv7" distribution. I have a VU+ Duo 4K SE, which uses that chipset (I believe). I also have google found a website (one of many) that claims to convert .deb to .ipk.... (Deleted live link).

Will this work? Please be gentle with any reply's as I am NOT a programmer

Ta

TuftyTrue

Title
    Thanks
    With HRTunerProxy Plex on VU+ STB, server can use VU+ as TV tuners. At this days the HW get more and more powerful so it would be nice if you could make versions that can be installed on VU+ Uno 4K SE and VU+ Duo 4K. I know that it is isn’t enough memory in those STB’s but with HDD/SSD installed and make install scripts that check for HDD and install it on the HDD it will be possible **LINK REMOVED**.
    Last edited by Sicilian; 10-01-21 at 10:39. Reason: LINK REMOVED

Title
    Thanks
    The Vu can play a lot. 4K MKVs for sure. Because of the sound format, you just have to try and see if something comes out. But I think that DTS should work that way.

Title
    Thanks
    So far I have always used the Plex app on the TV to stream films from my notebook (ext.HD), the server was then the notebook.
    up to 1080p it also works very well, only 4k does not work because the notebook only has 100mbit Lan and the cpu is also quite lame.
    Not all 4k films work directly with the HD on the TV because my Samsung does not support DTS. Live links deleted - you have been warned
    Last edited by Joe_90; 06-09-22 at 15:53. Reason: Spam links

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TuftyTrue View Post
    Hi,

I notice that Plex have an " Ubuntu (16.04+) / Debian (8+) - ARMv7" distribution. I have a VU+ Duo 4K SE, which uses that chipset (I believe). I also have google found a website (one of many) that claims to convert .deb to .ipk.... (Deleted live link).

Will this work? Please be gentle with any reply's as I am NOT a programmer

Ta

TuftyTrue
    Do not post live links, especially ones such as that or you will be banned.

Read the forum rules so you know what not to post in future.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!