Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watch and Record Programs at once?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Regarding receiving satellite, you are mentioning what the tuner is set as. You have not mentioned what the actual hardware is. If for argument's sake, you had two diseqc switches which were connected to 19.2 and 28.2 but you set the tuners as if you did not have them, then you are losing out. The golden rule of tuner configuration is that what you set for each and every tuner must match/tally/reflect what is hooked up to it.

Regarding post 14: post a picture of what you see.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Togora (05-12-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi All

If someone, anyone could tell me how to get out of the OSD position screen it would be great because nothing appears to work. The only thing I haven't done is press the nuclear button at the back but that will come soon if I really have to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Togora View Post
    I found it, thanks.... now all I have are a lot of unfamiliar markings on the screen and nothing else prompting the user what to do. How the hell do you get out of it. I've tried Exit and a few other buttons on my controller but nothing gets me out of this and Google is currently not my friend.

Thanks and sorry for being a pain.
    Green button
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

Togora (05-12-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi ronand,

Thanks for that but at the moment my biggest issue is getting out of the OSD position screen. There is nothing apart from lines, numbers and letters and nothing else to indicate what I should do nor exiting this screen. If you can help with that then I can get on and do the rest.

Thanks in advance.

Title
    Thanks
    Nope! Tried that many times and some others and nothing. So it seems like the nuclear option is the only option unless you say otherwise.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    If you are after the physical hardware then sorry but for this topic I understand box under the TV and cables going into it. What's in the walls, in the attic or on the roof I have honestly no idea as it was set up YEARS ago. All I do know is there is one dish and two LMBs. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Don't hit the power switch - that will cause damage.

The green button should work unless you are using some different skin. Anyway you should fix the display by setting the TV correctly - thats where the problem is. Almost all modern HD sets have a way to disable overscan - its is just called different things on different sets.

Access the openwebif from your PC - In a web browser type the ip address of the box. If you don't know it then you can find it in your router dhcp settings. You can safely reboot the receiver from it.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

Togora (05-12-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Too late, done!

The TV is set at 16:9, it was on auto before.

If I can find a tutorial for setting up OSD then I will try again but thus far I haven't manages to find one.

Thanks again.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    What TV set are you using?

Title
    Thanks
    It's a Hitachi but my picture is correct both on the TV and when using the ZGemma H7S. It is only oversized within the settings UI.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You dont seem to understand overscan. Download the manual for your tv and read how to disable it. About 10% of your picture is hidden - if you disable overscan you will be able to see all of it. If it is one of those "HD ready" tvs then you need to adjust the osd. When asked for info please be accurate - hitachi is too general - a model number is what is needed. Anyway I will leave you to it - I have an important match to watch on TV and have some beer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12