Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: What is the channel number for ITV HD?

Title
    Thanks

Question What is the channel number for ITV HD?

Hi, I can see ITV London HD as channel number 803 in the example file but the channel number for "ITV HD" isn't listed. What is the correct channel number for ITV HD? I tried 103 but that doesn't work.
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    In ABM, It depends what region you are using and whether you are using swaps. Also, as we have massaged the names so that all "ITV HD" have a region name, you won't find an exact match when looking for "ITV HD". It has to be "ITV xxxx HD".

EDIT:
    You have selected DVB-T drop down menu for ABM. You are in Scotland, so not sure you will have ITV HD.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm not using swaps. I chose London as my region but I'm in Scotland. Here's my problem. I've got a new box with a twin FBC S2X module connected to a standard LNB. If I try and record ITV London HD and any other HD channel then I can't record a 3rd channel. If I record "ITV HD" from Providers > BSkyB (top listing) instead of "ITV London HD" then I can still record several more channels at once.

The top ITV HD listing under Providers > BSkyB shows this for the 10pm news: Granada North West. So should I just choose Grenada North West as my region in ABM?

Any idea what regional ITV channel has the most news (bad things reported) besides ITV London? I'll just record that.
    Last edited by SkyFan; 02-12-20 at 16:52.

Title
    Thanks
    Your reception hardware limits what you can record/view. (You have another thread open about it). Use the orbital selection method to view then select the services. Provided you have configured your tuners correctly (i.e match what is attached/hooked up to them), only the services you can view should be listed.

Title
    Thanks
    I did that and I can see several ITV HD channels listed as ITV HD. I can view each of those channels and the EPG for each of them mentions a different regional news programme at 10pm.
    There's also ITV London HD and ITV Wales HD shown.

Title
    Thanks
    How did you scan? Which options did you use?

Enigma2 scanning
    Enigma2 scanning does not perform the "name massaging" that ABM does.

ABM Reading/scanning
    Is your ABM provider file up to date?
    In ABM, do you enable the "add not-indexed channels"?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    I did an ABM scan. Provider file is up to date. I enabled "Add not-indexed channels" and the regional ITV channel names now appear.

Where do I find the channel numbers for one of those channels other than ITV London HD? I don't see them in the example file.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    My GB in UK shows ITV HD as 103, without touching anything.

Title
    Thanks
    I can see them in the ones created by my box. Are you looking at the correct file? Have you refreshed Filezilla?

Code:
            <configuration lcn="1117" channelnumber="1117" description="ITV Border Scotland"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1118" channelnumber="1118" description="ITV Tyne Tees"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1119" channelnumber="1119" description="ITV Central East"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1120" channelnumber="1120" description="ITV Meridian South"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1121" channelnumber="1121" description="ITV Meridian East"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1122" channelnumber="1122" description="ITV West"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1123" channelnumber="1123" description="ITV Yorkshire West"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1124" channelnumber="1124" description="ITV Channel Isles"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1125" channelnumber="1125" description="ITV West Country"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1126" channelnumber="1126" description="ITV Granada"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1127" channelnumber="1127" description="ITV Anglia East"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1128" channelnumber="1128" description="ITV Central"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1129" channelnumber="1129" description="ITV Granada HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1130" channelnumber="1130" description="ITV Tyne Tees HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1131" channelnumber="1131" description="ITV Westcountry West HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1132" channelnumber="1132" description="ITV Westcountry SW HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1133" channelnumber="1133" description="ITV Yorkshire HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1134" channelnumber="1134" description="ITV Anglia HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1135" channelnumber="1135" description="ITV Border England HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1136" channelnumber="1136" description="ITV Meridian HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1137" channelnumber="1137" description="ITV Meridian HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1138" channelnumber="1138" description="ITV Yorkshire HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1139" channelnumber="1139" description="ITV Anglia HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1140" channelnumber="1140" description="ITV Central HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1141" channelnumber="1141" description="ITV Central West HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1142" channelnumber="1142" description="ITV Meridian South HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1143" channelnumber="1143" description="ITV Wales"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1144" channelnumber="1144" description="ITV Wales HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1145" channelnumber="1145" description="ITV +1 Central"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1146" channelnumber="1146" description="ITV +1 Granada"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="1147" channelnumber="1147" description="ITV +1 Meridian"></configuration>
    However, if you are planning to add them to your custom mix file, they tend to change depending on test channels etc. Perhaps you should consider selecting them from the service list and not bouquet?
    Once in the service list, pressing 444 will take you to the channels starting with I. Same applies to Provider selection method.

Additionally, depending on how you have set ABM, they should be in the HD bouquet as well as not-indexed bouquet.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    However, if you are planning to add them to your custom mix file, they tend to change depending on test channels etc. Perhaps you should consider selecting them from the service list and not bouquet?
    Once in the service list, pressing 444 will take you to the channels starting with I. Same applies to Provider selection method.

Additionally, depending on how you have set ABM, they should be in the HD bouquet as well as not-indexed bouquet.
    When watching a channel I press the down arrow then go to Satellites > Services. 444 just seems to take me half-way down the page. I don't understand. What is selecting the channel to watch going to do? It's the channel number I need.

Ditto for the HD bouquet.

I edited this file: "sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml" and added 1136 for ITV Meridian HD. I did an ABM scan and restarted my box but my SkyFan custom bouquet is showing Home & Health channel instead of ITV Meridian HD. What am I doing wrong? I've attached my custom mix file below.

sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml

Title
    Thanks
    When watching a channel I press the down arrow then go to Satellites > Services. 444 just seems to take me half-way down the page. I don't understand. What is selecting the channel to watch going to do? It's the channel number I need.
    I thought you wanted to view/record a service/channel? Pressing 444 (takes you to the services starting with "I" where you will find the ITV HD services? What else do you want to do with the number?

Why are you using the numbers I provided? Yours are going to be different because we are using different ABM options. Please refer to the latest example file on your receiver. Bear in mind they will change in the non-indexed section depending on the test channels. Probably easier to make your bouquet using your remote or a channel editor. You only have 28 services.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Why are you using the numbers I provided? Yours are going to be different because we are using different ABM options. Please refer to the latest example file on your receiver. Bear in mind they will change in the non-indexed section depending on the test channels. Probably easier to make your bouquet using your remote or a channel editor. You only have 28 services.
    Because I still don't know what the channel number is and I saw it in your screenshot so I thought that was the number to use. Attached below is my example file:
    EXAMPLE_hd_sat_282_sky_uk_CustomLCN.xml

ITV Meridian HD isn't in my example file. Where do I find the channel number?

What is the test channels you're referring to?

I went to the channel in services and pressed Menu on the channel then chose the option to add the channel to my custom bouquet. However the channel still doesn't show in my Custom Mix file and after I do an ABM scan the channel gets removed from my custom bouquet.

Title
    Thanks
    Create a new bouquet using your remote. You wont see option if you are in a bouquet. Move the service into that new bouquet. Nothing to do with ABM.