Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: VPS geht nicht

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    So can we agree that the fix does get the item back into the menu, but the following issues now exist:

• The VPS option doesn't appear in the Timer Edit menu if the VPS plugin config is set to "enabled by default"
    • Changing the VPS option in the Timer Edit menu doesn't actually get set/stick in the timer

The latter seems to be the result of there being no code to actually pass on the change to the write-out function.
    I've just fixed the latter of these. VPS timers are now saved.
    Having done so I can't reproduce the former.

Whatever I set for "VPS enabled by default" shows up as the VPS setting for any newly-created timer. Of course, any exisiting timer will keep the setting it has when saved.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (20-02-21),goRt (20-02-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Thanks birdman - I'll test asap!

EDIT - Worked fine on a manual record, thanks birdman.
    Last edited by Joe_90; 20-02-21 at 19:22.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    That seems to be working fine for a single recording from epg on 5.4.007 (release)
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Also working fine on a single recording, autotimers also seem to have set correctly

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Everything looks ok except the ability to setup an autotimer to use safe-mode.

The option can be set in the vps plugin, but neither epg/blue to create an autotimer, nor a change of autotimer defaults has the safe-mode choice, just yes or no.

Not sure what the plugin option actually achieves, manual timers need changing to safe-mode if that's what you want.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    Everything looks ok except the ability to setup an autotimer to use safe-mode.

The option can be set in the vps plugin, but neither epg/blue to create an autotimer, nor a change of autotimer defaults has the safe-mode choice, just yes or no.

Not sure what the plugin option actually achieves, manual timers need changing to safe-mode if that's what you want.
    I think safe or not is the next line in the autotimer - control recording completely by service

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    I haven't come across a situation where "safe-mode" is any different to normal recording with padding before and after an event. I suppose if an event start was delayed by (say) 10 minutes and your default padding after an event was (say) 5 minutes, then "safe-mode" should theoretically hold off the recording end for the 10 minutes. I just haven't seen that happen yet. I'm living dangerously with BBC/ITV/C4 recording and letting the broadcaster control the start/end
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I don't use safe mode as that doesn't seem to use the "look ahead" feature so is pretty pointless.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goRt View Post
    I think safe or not is the next line in the autotimer - control recording completely by service.
    I'd tried that, but the timer(s) created just had Enable VPS=Yes (which could then be changed to safe-mode, but that's too late).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

goRt (20-02-21)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    I don't use safe mode as that doesn't seem to use the "look ahead" feature so is pretty pointless.
    It does use look ahead, but starts recording based on the original start time, so you get a recording even when it misses the now and next transition.

So channels which don't comply still work.
    Last edited by ccs; 20-02-21 at 20:17.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    I'd tried that, but the timer(s) created just had Enable VPS=Yes (which could then be changed to safe-mode, but that's too late).
    It used to function how I described
    It should have been a 3 stage switch for consistency as per the timers

14. The Following User Says Thank You to goRt For This Useful Post:

ccs (20-02-21)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    .... I should have looked in the vps.xml file, maybe that sets safe mode as expected, but it's too late now, I'm back to a standard image.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I've been testing it in the release version (5.4.007). If the soaps don't get recorded properly I won't be getting upset.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

goRt (20-02-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goRt View Post
    I think safe or not is the next line in the autotimer - control recording completely by service
    Correct.
    This controls the value of vps_overwrite, which is the variable used for safe mode. (If vps is off it is ignored).
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

19. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

goRt (20-02-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Hmmm....it seems that my work here may be done.

I only originally looked because a crash mentioned a feature I'd added (3 years ago?).
    That was a failure by the plugin to pass on parameters in an agnostic/generic way.
    Now fixed.

Then there was a problem with a recently changed API in Vix that was silently trapped by a try/except clause to do nothing - not even mention the problem.
    Fixed (although, to be fair, it still wouldn't report failures).

Then it was found that the same API change had resulted in a third piece of code never being reached at all.
    Also fixed.

From what I gather the settings for VPS now work as intended?

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (21-02-21),goRt (21-02-21),Joe_90 (21-02-21),ronand (21-02-21)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast