Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VPS geht nicht

Title
    Thanks

VPS geht nicht

Hallo, bin aus Deutschland und nutze auch Openvix auf einer AX614K. Seit kurzem geht VPS nicht mehr, es ist zwar im Menü noch Konfigurierbar aber im Timermenü nicht mehr Vorhanden uns so Funktionslos. Gibt es Tipp? VPS geht in Deutscghland sehr Gut.

Grüße

Title
    Thanks
    Hallo, Ich kann ein klein bissen Deutsch aber ich glaube viele hier kann das nicht. Gibt es kein forum fuer Deutsche kunden in Deutsche sprache? Ich habe meine kiste gestern bekommen und verstehe nicht was VPS bedautet. Ist das ein plugin oder was? When du das erklaeren kann dann versuche ich du zu helfen. Bis Bald

Title
    Thanks
    VPS is a plugin for accurate recording, there's a longer thread about the issue in English

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...lugin-Bootloop

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Hallo, geht leider immer noch nicht wieder, Schade!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foxcat View Post
    Hallo, geht leider immer noch nicht wieder, Schade!
    Correct, a change was made to openvix which caused the issue so openvix is now waiting for the VPS Dec to fix his code to accommodate

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    There is a workaround, if you go to VPS settings and change "VPS enabled by default" to NO, then you get VPS in add new timer (VPS functions correctly with autotimers)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to goRt For This Useful Post:

foxcat (14-02-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Hallo, VPS wird zwar so Angezeigt, die Steuerung geht aber nicht, Leider! Das Problem geht nicht zu Umgehen.

Grüße

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    The "edit timer" function does not handle the VPS setting. After editing, the value is unset. Only AutoTimer works correctly and sets the timer.xml (and timers_vps.xml) properly.

Google translate:

Die Funktion "Timer bearbeiten" verarbeitet die VPS-Einstellung nicht. Nach der Bearbeitung wird der Wert nicht gesetzt. Nur der automatische Timer funktioniert ordnungsgemäß und stellt die Datei timer.xml (und die Timer vps.xml) ordnungsgemäß ein.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Changes have been made so that it should be working again in OpenViX 5.4.007 when it is released.

Title
    Thanks
    The edit timer function does not work in that it does not save the VPS setting.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    The edit timer function does not work in that it does not save the VPS setting.
    The reason for that is that the TimerEntry code is in the images and there is no code in Vix (and Pli, ATV, ... as far as I know) to add it in.

There is code in the AutoTimer as that is also a plugin, and knows about the VPS plugin.

I'm (slowly) looking into it.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

13. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (16-02-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks birdman. I'm just reminding others that the only way to get VPS working is to use the AutoTimer function. Actually, AutoTimer can mess with VPS when it comes to recording an event. What VPS does when it is preparing a recording is that it modifies the start time in timers.xml by advancing it a minute ahead of actual time if it hasn't seen the event change flag. This holds off the start of the recording. It keeps advancing the start time until it sees the flag and then it sets the start time before the current real time and this triggers the recording to start immediately. This works pretty well most of the time. However, if the AutoTimer interval expires (default 30 minutes) during this period when VPS is advancing the start time, it may alter the start time to the original scheduled start time which may be in the past and the recording will start immediately. I have had this happen a couple of times. It's not a big deal as the effect is to have a longer padding before the programme starts. VPS will hold off the end of the recording until it sees the next programme flag. I suppose there is a possibility that AutoTimer could mess with the end of the recording, but my AutoTimer interval is set to 75 minutes, so I haven't actually seen any issues in that regard. Apologies for the ramble, but just to confirm that VPS works pretty well on 28.2 sat and terrestrial for me using AutoTimer or instant record. Manual timer setting doesn't work.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    Apologies for the ramble, but just to confirm that VPS works pretty well on 28.2 sat and terrestrial for me using AutoTimer or instant record. Manual timer setting doesn't work.
    That's why I'm not rushing.
    It appears to work as well as it ever did, and at least the on/off setting now sticks.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

16. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (16-02-21)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    There's also a safe-mode option which could complicate things a bit as well, you keep your original pre and post padding start and stop times, and VPS will adjust at either end if needed.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Yep ccs - the safe mode option makes the recording start at your initially selected time at the latest and I assume it extends the recording at the end. I haven't really used the safe option as I wanted to see how reliable it was. Channel 5 is a bit niggly as sometimes they start the programme before the event running flag is set in the EIT. It's usually only 30 seconds or so but that is down to the broadcaster's playout equipment. In the case of Channel 5 it seems to be triggered by the scheduled clock time. The Irish terrestrial service (Saorview) is the same - event flags change at the EPG schedule time, so if there is a delay in the actual programme start you may miss the end.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast