Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Crash setting a timer using grid epg on 5.4.003

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments

Thread: Crash setting a timer using grid epg on 5.4.003

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts

Crash setting a timer using grid epg on 5.4.003

Probably will never be seen again, but managed a crash last night when setting a timer in the grid epg.

I was adding a timer to delay shutting down to deep standby until some "mv's" had finished transferring recordings to a NAS drive.

Picked at random BBC4 HD Peaky Blinders, green to set timer, then changed after event to deep standby, and then green to save, crash.

I checked to see if it was repeatable, the slot for Peaky Blinders had changed to Full Circle with Michael Palin, timer set ok and programme recorded ok.

However, the programme actually recorded was Peaky Blinders, the programme description was for PB, but the recording name was Full Circle with Michael Palin.

At the time I thought I'd caught a change of schedule at just the wrong time, but more likely now to be epg corruption?

Code:
    21:55:33.4151 Traceback (most recent call last):
    21:55:33.4153   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 57, in action
    21:55:33.4294   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/TimerEntry.py", line 155, in keySelect
    21:55:33.4330 NameError: global name 'Setup' is not defined
    21:55:33.4334 [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method HelpableActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.HelpableActionMap instance at 0x71a35b98>>,('ConfigListActions', 'select')) failed)
    21:55:36.3487 [gRC] main thread is non-idle! display spinner!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ccs; 29-11-20 at 11:35.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    My Ultimo 4k has crashed 2 days running during timer recording. Frozen picture still had sound only started doing it recently

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by v8rick View Post
    My Ultimo 4k has crashed 2 days running during timer recording. Frozen picture still had sound only started doing it recently
    Have you reported them with crash logs?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    Probably will never be seen again, but managed a crash last night when setting a timer in the grid epg.
    The log does highlight a bug, though.

Line 155 of Screens/TimerEntry.py does refer to a global Setup without ever defining what that is. Presumably most things don't take that option from the tests.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

5. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

ccs (29-11-20)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by v8rick View Post
    Is that at the end of a recording with a spinner showing on screen?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    The log does highlight a bug, though.

Line 155 of Screens/TimerEntry.py does refer to a global Setup without ever defining what that is. Presumably most things don't take that option from the tests.
    That should be TimerEntryBase rather than Setup. You'll get a crash by pressing OK and any of the timer details that you can use left and right to edit. I'll fix

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simonc For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (29-11-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by simonc View Post
    Is that at the end of a recording with a spinner showing on screen?
    No during recording no spinner frozen pic and audio continues no response from remote commands until power off and on

I have also had a setting recording did reflash thought it was ok now this.
    I will enable logs