Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: recording

Title
    Thanks

recording

Hi Have a zgemma h7 with pure 2. I record alot and notices i have two options when recording. one add timer and add auto timer. When i click add auto timer i am told there is not auto timer plugin installed.

What is auto timer, is there any point of adding plugin?

Cheers

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    On my box i just use my epg data via red button on that channel to set my recordings on.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthonyk2020 View Post
    Hi Have a zgemma h7 with pure 2. I record alot and notices i have two options when recording. one add timer and add auto timer. When i click add auto timer i am told there is not auto timer plugin installed.

What is auto timer, is there any point of adding plugin?

Cheers
    An autotimer is a mechanism for setting repeat timers based on searching the EPG for the name of the program. For instance I have a autotimer set to record formula 1 motor racing. As any program named F1 in the title/description is found in the EPG a timer will be automatically set for it. I don’t need to know when it will be broadcast in the future nor the duration of the program. The autotimer has a set of filters that can be configured to limit the search to certain TV channels, days of the week, etc.

As far as I’m aware autotimers is part of the OpenVix image download and shouldn’t need a separate plugin download.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

cactikid (28-11-20)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    As far as I’m aware autotimers is part of the OpenVix image download and shouldn’t need a separate plugin download.
    The OP is using a different image (PureE2), so maybe he needs to download the autotimer plugin, although you'd expect it to be there by default.
    Having said that, some images appear keen to provide you with next to nothing in case you don't need it.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for reply guys. I'll have a look later and try and download a plugin. As ye said you imagine one would be already there.

Any recommendations which auto timer to download?

👍

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    The one in ViX is enigma2-plugin-extensions-autotimer (5.4+git6857+a2c5a09-r0)

No real idea what it's likely to be called in PureE2, but I'd be surprised if the name was much different.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for reply. I figure it out and post for future references here. Cheers guys