Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Web streaming interupts

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes

Thread: Web streaming interupts

Title
    Thanks

Web streaming interupts

Dear all

When listening to webradio, using the webradio plugin but also looking TV from through Mediaportal I noticed signal breaks. This only happens since updating from 5.4.002 to 5.4.003. Net speed tests show a ping of 15.1 ms a download rate of 72.5 Mbit/s.

First I thought it might be the internet box, so I switched it off and on again but this did not help. So I made another test: Listening one webradio station (same URL) in parallel through SAT-box and on my laptop. Both have internet access by LAN cable from the same switch. Result: No break on the laptop but interrupts on the SAT box. The sound of the SAT box is sometimes slower, sometimes earlier.

Do you know where I can increase the buffer size?

Thanks for your help
    nekrub2
    Last edited by nekrub2; 21-11-20 at 23:02.
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

Title
    Thanks
    Web streaming interups
    Finally I found out what happened. By entering on my laptop the command ping + IP and letting it run for a while I noticed in the summary no abnormal ping but a huge data loss of 40%. When changing to WLAN I had 0% data loss. So something was wrong with the LAN. And indeed: The switch between the powerline adapter and the Laptop respective the sat box played crazy. After putting the switch off power for half an hour the story was over. More buffering on the sat box would not have helped me.

Should it happen again it is time for a new switch.

nekrub2
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E