Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Zgemma H7S - For motorised Dish - is it reliable?

Title
    Thanks

Zgemma H7S - For motorised Dish - is it reliable?

Hi all

So im looking to replace my Vu+ Duo (Genuine, purchased around 2011/12) which is currently being used with a motorised dish, its just getting too slow and clunky now. Ive already done the capacitor fix on it once

Ive done some searching and the Zgemma H7S gets recommended a lot, the prices of these receivers have come down a lot from back in the day!

I wanted to ask how reliable the Zgemma H7S with USALs? ive seen some receivers that have trouble moving a dish due to weaker internals and ive been some work arounds where you need to be on a V channel on one satellite then move to another V channel on another satellite for the dish to move as V polarisation uses more power hence helps move the motor.

Anyway the internal positioner on the Vu+ Duo is great i just want the new receiver to be just as good.

i only use the the dish for the football, i do not need an android box as i have Shield TV for that

Is the Zgemma H7S the one to go for?

Thanks
    Vu+ Duo & 1TB Samsung EcoGreen HDD, TM-2600 Motor, Fracarro Penta 85, Inverto Black Ultra Twin LNB

Title
    Thanks

Zgemma H7S - For motorised Dish - is it reliable?

Hey Bigup7 , 100% love this box, complete with motorised usals set up. Faultless satellite tracking :-) Running a 2 dish setup completed me lol ...and run Freeview on the final tuner. the slyk skin is a game changer and good for IPTV, so future proofing it if the shield ever goes down.
    Last edited by Andy_Hazza; 19-11-20 at 09:08.
    Zgemma H7S (from WofS) , 2TB Toshiba 2.5 HDD, 8GB Sandisk Usb Stick, 80cm Channel Master dish & Inverto 6 deg monoblock lnb single output -Astra & Hotbird, 1m Dish & H-H Dark Motor, usals, single 0.2 DB lnb, Oscam-latest, Openvix 6.2.002(or latest),ABM, EPG Importer, Minddlna, Transcoding- e2stream/pembo to Samsung H series smart tv. Skin: slyk-1080-r19, Kodi & Torrentplayer
    (LG Oled55cx5lb TV, Quad Vena Play, Project Recordmaster, Kef LS-50, SVS 2000, Echo Studio, Oculus Quest 2, MacBook Pro

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ade1970 For This Useful Post:

bigup7 (19-11-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ade1970 View Post
    Hey Bigup7 , 100% love this box, complete with motorised usals set up. Faultless satellite tracking :-) Running a 2 dish setup completed me lol ...and run Freeview on the final tuner. the slyk skin is a game changer and good for IPTV, so future proofing it if the shield ever goes down.
    Perfect. Thanks. I’ve ordered one from WoS and will be here today. Got it with pure2 image to start with. I’ve got a spare ssd il install too. Will have a play when it arrives and report back.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bigup7 For This Useful Post:

ade1970 (20-11-20)

Title
    Thanks

Enjoy and cool, I've run PurE2 as well, really liked it and the functions such as time remaining on lcd and the fnc plugins nice too. Went back to openvix after a crash on PurE2 but you can just run both images if any stability issues.
    Zgemma H7S (from WofS) , 2TB Toshiba 2.5 HDD, 8GB Sandisk Usb Stick, 80cm Channel Master dish & Inverto 6 deg monoblock lnb single output -Astra & Hotbird, 1m Dish & H-H Dark Motor, usals, single 0.2 DB lnb, Oscam-latest, Openvix 6.2.002(or latest),ABM, EPG Importer, Minddlna, Transcoding- e2stream/pembo to Samsung H series smart tv. Skin: slyk-1080-r19, Kodi & Torrentplayer
    (LG Oled55cx5lb TV, Quad Vena Play, Project Recordmaster, Kef LS-50, SVS 2000, Echo Studio, Oculus Quest 2, MacBook Pro

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ade1970 For This Useful Post:

bigup7 (25-11-20)