Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing satellite channels on search

Title
    Thanks

Missing satellite channels on search

Hi all,

I need your help. I have got a problem with searching for the satellite channels. When I use automatic search to search for the channels on hotbird 7 East, 9 East, 13 East, 16 East, 19 East, 23.5 East, 39 East, alot of sports and other channels did not show up on the search list especially sport klub 1, 2, 3 serbia, play sports 1,2, canal sports 1,2,3,4 poland, sky sports 1 and 2 italy, idman tv, Cosomote sport...etc.

And alot of Netherlands channels did not show up on the search for the hotbird 23.5 East as well. It will only show Czech Republic channels and some Croatia channels.

I am using 80cm dish it have got a very strong signals and I am also using the motor to change the hotbird. I am using openatv 6.4 image.

Do you know why the channels doesn't show up on the automatic search?

Does it got blocked or do I need to update the xml file?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    probably old xml file .Maybe also setting to scan only FTA channels
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bellejt View Post
    probably old xml file .Maybe also setting to scan only FTA channels
    Thanks for the quick reply. How I can update xml and what xml file I need to update?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You will find xmlupdate plugin listed under "system plugins". Install it then run/use it.

FYI, Hotbird is the nickname for 13e.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    You will find xmlupdate plugin listed under "system plugins". Install it then run/use it.

FYI, Hotbird is the knickname for 13e.
    Are you saying I need to install xmlplugin on openatv plugin?

Title
    Thanks
    I have downloaded and upload satellite.xml but it make no different. Any idea??

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Maybe your motorised satellite setup is not tracking the arc as well as you thought. You will need to make fine adjustments.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Maybe your motorised satellite setup is not tracking the arc as well as you thought. You will need to make fine adjustments.
    Well I have already put my longitude and latitude in the tuned configuration.

When I selected on positioner setup I have put 23.5 East and I pressed on a yellow button it have rotated the dish to 23.5east, but when I used automatic scan I'm getting Skylink / M7 Group - Czechoslovak satellite provider and Telekom Srbija - Serbian satellite provider.

So I don't know how I can make a fine adjustments?

Title
    Thanks
    ​I think I have found the issue. When I check for the Netherlands channels like fox sports 1, the frequency​​ is 11739. I have check on 11739 V and there is no signals. Do you know what I need to do?

Do I need to contact satellite company to adjust the dish on the wall?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Fox Sports is a paid service, so how are you trying to achieve this? You have a valid subscription card? Using Oscam etc.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Fox Sports is a paid service, so how are you trying to achieve this? You have a valid subscription card? Using Oscam etc.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes I do, as I have received them on my list and now it is working. I have adjusted the motor longitude from 1.388 to 3.488 and I can receive sport klub 1, but I can't receive sport klub 2 and 3. I have checked on dish pointer and it say that my dish elevation should be 30 degree.

I have checked on my dish elevation which is 52 degree. Is that too high?

If so I will contact sat installer to adjust it so hopefully I can receive these channels with no problem

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Quote Originally Posted by chris0147 View Post
    Yes I do, as I have received them on my list and now it is working. I have adjusted the motor longitude from 1.388 to 3.488 and I can receive sport klub 1, but I can't receive sport klub 2 and 3. I have checked on dish pointer and it say that my dish elevation should be 30 degree.

I have checked on my dish elevation which is 52 degree. Is that too high?

If so I will contact sat installer to adjust it so hopefully I can receive these channels with no problem
    We don't know your location.

It doesn't sound at all right to me that some satellites would be at 30° elevation and another would be at 52° elevation since they are essentially all in the same orbit about 22,236 miles above the equator.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Satellites are at a different elevation in the sky depending on where they are in the geostationary arc relative to your location. In the northern hemisphere, satellites due south of you will be at the top of the arc and thus at the highest elevation. 30 degrees elevation is about right at due south in my location. As you point east or west satellites will appear lower in the sky until they reach the horizon at which point (or earlier depending on local obstructions) you will be unable to receive a signal. If the OP is in the UK a motor latitude of 52 (motor elevation of 38 degrees) would be reasonable depending on how far north/south (s)he is. Ideally, the longitude and latitude in the box settings should correspond to the poster's actual location and the motor and dish adjusted for best reception. Kludging the location latitude in the box settings should only be done as a temporary measure if the dish has moved or if you're tweaking on a particularly difficult satellite and you're aware of the possible effects on reception in another part of the arc.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (24-11-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BefuddledBrian View Post
    We don't know your location.

It doesn't sound at all right to me that some satellites would be at 30° elevation and another would be at 52° elevation since they are essentially all in the same orbit about 22,236 miles above the equator.
    Yeah same here. When I look on my dish elevation it is 15 degree and my motor elevation is 30 degree.

My motor elevation:

My dish elevation:

On the dish pointer it say that my LAT should be 51.21 and longitude should be 1.33. I have put my LAT 51.21 and 1.33 longitude on the motor settings.

When I scan the channels, I can't see them on the list so I have changed the longitude to 4.388 in the motor settings and rescan the channels again. When I rescan it, I can receive the channels with no problem but when I rescanned for Serbia channels, I can only get sport klub 1 not sport klub 2 and 3.

So when I look on my dish, the dish elevation is 15 degree. Is that too low?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Its looks to be a bit low. What make/model is the motor? I just had a look at my darkmotor manual. For 51N you set the elevation angle at 39 degrees (the first picture - yours is set at 35 degrees) so you may need to raise it a little. Consult your manual.

Edit: Sorry my eyesight isn't what is was - is it set at 40 degrees?

Also use a satellite meter to set it correctly -don't put the wrong co-ordinates in the receiver because you haven't set it up correctly.
    Last edited by ronand; 24-11-20 at 16:49.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast