Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missing satellite channels on search

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Its looks to be a bit low. What make/model is the motor? I just had a look at my darkmotor manual. For 51N you set the elevation angle at 39 degrees (the first picture - yours is set at 35 degrees) so you may need to raise it a little. Consult your manual.

Edit: Sorry my eyesight isn't what is was - is it set at 40 degrees?

Also use a satellite meter to set it correctly -don't put the wrong co-ordinates in the receiver because you haven't set it up correctly.
    The make/model is Technomate TM- 2600M3. What elevation do I need to adjust? Is that the dish or the motor?

What do I need to do to raise a little bit? Do I need to adjust the motor settings on the receiver?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Unless you change your bracket to a set of T & K brackets, you are on a mission. It is very difficult to get the bracket you are using exactly plumb. There is no adjustment!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Unless you change your bracket to a set of T & K brackets, you are on a mission. It is very difficult to get the bracket you are using exactly plumb. There is no adjustment!
    What the hell are you talking about. I'm not bother to get Portuguese channels. I only want to get Serbia channels nothing is else.
    Last edited by chris0147; 24-11-20 at 17:49.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Never tell a mod to stop trolling as i would edit your post before something bad happens,your choice.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cactikid For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (25-11-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    For a motorised satellite dish to correctly find signal across the arc, it has to be plumb. Picture of your dish from other forum attached here for benefit of other peeople trying to help you.

chris0147_dish.jpg

Have a look at these threads

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...talltion-Guide

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...eive-Thor-0-8W

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...motorised-dish

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...-angle-problem

7. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Thanks abu - I didn't know how you could tell what motor mounting system he was using from the photos he supplied!

@chris0147 - it's next to impossible to set up a motorised system on a bracket like that. The motor must be absolutely vertical (plumb) in order to track the arc properly. T & K brackets allow you to finely adjust the pole that the motor is mounted on so that the pole is vertical.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The first windy day it will blow over anyway
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    I can't change it because the bracket I got is galvanized as it wont be rusts. These T & K brackets will get rusts so it is no good for me. If you want me to change it then you should pay me.

I can't see what it make any difference when change brackets as both works the same way. The bracket I got is vertical so what it make it any different!!!!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Surprisingly, you can get galvanised T & K brackets.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (22-02-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    Surprisingly, you can get galvanised T & K brackets.
    Too late now, I'm not going to change it over and I don't want to waste my money.

Title
    Thanks
    For some days I have been having serious problems with the channels, they get out of order and stop working

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12