Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Researching the Z8 Pro

Title
    Thanks

Researching the Z8 Pro

My first look at media streaming. I'm wondering why this box has not been upgraded to the newer Android 9. I'm not technically in the know, I just am not wanting to purchase something that is not running the latest technology.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalAardvark View Post
    My first look at media streaming. I'm wondering why this box has not been upgraded to the newer Android 9. I'm not technically in the know, I just am not wanting to purchase something that is not running the latest technology.
    Why would Android 9.0 make it any better? IPTV devices that I've tested with Android 9 are buggy and slow zapping. Android 7.0 on the Z8 is fast and stable which is most important.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

DigitalAardvark (14-11-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for that, totally understand about the stability and choice of proven apps. My reason for asking was that I understand that Google has stopped supporting V7 and for over half a year now new Samsung phones are being shipped with V9.

Thanks again

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    What do mean by Google support? Access to the play store?? My mrs still uses an old phone with 4.2.2 on it and has full access to everything. Yes there may be a few apps that wont work but thats nothing to do with google. Samsung will ship their high end phones with the latest version to try to flog them as there is usually very little difference in features otherwise.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks ronand, just using Google as a yardstick. Because of the phrase ' not supporting anymore' which I read online, this meaning to me the beginning of the end of this version. I feel that I have been bitten many times by the likes of the big boys (microsoft, google spring to mind and laptop builders) announce that they are stopping supporting operating systems and software and I'm a chunk of my Media system not working properly anymore.

Thanks again.
    This box is in the lead at the moment for me.

Title
    Thanks
    AS a footnote. I have been looking at the other offering on the World of Satellite as well and the nvidia Shield (Android V9)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I suppose Microsoft and Apple are the biggest culprits at forcing obsolescence. Android doesn't suffer from it as much - as long as Google can harvest data from your usage then they are happy. Sometimes changes are forced due to DRM upgrades from the likes of Netflix but there is no such thing as a futureproof device.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I have the Shield and the Formuler z8 Pro and the Formuler z8 Pro is fantastic for IPTV. It has it’s own IPTV app called MYTVOnline2 which is tailored for Formuler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Agree with everything you say. A few replys have helped me, thanks to everybody.
    The android version my final hurdle, and the answer not surprising but reinforced my normal attitude of going with the proven and stable.

Title
    Thanks
    I have had a few Formuler boxes, none as powerful as the Z8 pro. MYTVONLINE works very well.
    I now lean towards this brand more than a mag. Same kind of price for some models and much more versatile.

I use a 2020 Nvidia Shield myself but the Z8 Pro is a serious bit of kit.

Title
    Thanks
    A 4k Firestick or the new Chormcast with Google TV with Tivimate installed great for IPTV a lot cheaper and IMO better

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JonMMM View Post
    A 4k Firestick or the new Chormcast with Google TV with Tivimate installed great for IPTV a lot cheaper and IMO better
    LOL

I Don’t Think So........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (16-11-20)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JonMMM View Post
    You have got to be kidding right? I've tested so many apps on a Firestick, none compare with have full remote functionallity of the Formuler range. None offer the same user experiance of MYTVOnline or MYTVOnline 2. I've even tested rip offs of Formulers MYTVOnline app, none can compare or offer the same functionality.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    LOL

I Don’t Think So........

Me Neither

Title
    Thanks
    have any of you actually tried Tivimate, its a fantastic app, MyTVOnline is good but Tivimate is better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast