Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ITV London HD shows Tune Failed

Title
    Thanks
    A, B, and J are: simple, single, 28.2

Everything else is FBC automatic.

How do I find out which transponders names I'm trying to access simultaneously? I go to green button > Current Transponder. I thought that mentions the channels which are on the same transponder? It doesn't give me the name of the transponder.

Strangely it doesn't have a problem with letting me record ITV HD only ITV London HD.
    Last edited by SkyFan; 07-11-20 at 23:48.

Title
    Thanks
    Don't know why it's letting me record ITV HD but not ITV London HD when they're on the same transponder aren't they? I checked via green button > Current Transponder.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Itv London hd is not on the same transponder as Itv hd.

Title
    Thanks
    So why does it say it is via green button > Current Transponder when watching one of those channels? If I can't trust what I see then what's the point of that menu option?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Probably outdated info. They used to be on the same transponder but Itv London hd moved a few weeks ago. Delete your autotimer and set it up on the correct service.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Probably outdated info. They used to be on the same transponder but Itv London hd moved a few weeks ago. Delete your autotimer and set it up on the correct service.
    How can that info be outdated when I'm watching the live channel then I went to green button > Current Transponder? How can it report a transponder that it's not on, doesn't make sense.

How do I setup future ITV London HD timers to be on the correct service?

BrokenUnusableAccount
    At the moment my box seems to call several ITV HD services just "ITV HD".
    I think at the moment it doesn't know which region is which for all the regions, perhaps some table on an OpenViX server needs to be updated.
    It used to know the best ITV HD for my region was, from memory, "ITV Meridian South HD" but now it's just "ITV HD".
    So it may be that at present channels called just "ITV HD" occur both on the same transponder as "ITV London HD" and on different transponder(s).

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    just did scan on 11097 and indeed they all show as ITV HD. Before the extentions were seen so you saw ITV Meridian xxx and so on.Strange.
    Last edited by bellejt; 08-11-20 at 10:24.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The ITV regions all changed on October 20th to give local news on 103.

https://www.itv.com/news/central/202...end-of-october

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFan View Post
    How can that info be outdated when I'm watching the live channel then I went to green button > Current Transponder? How can it report a transponder that it's not on, doesn't make sense.

How do I setup future ITV London HD timers to be on the correct service?
    If you are seeing "ITV London HD" on the current transponder then it is outdated info in your receiver. There is no channel scanning in as "ITV London HD". ITV London HD scans in as "ITV HD" and is on 12363V. All the English variants are now called just "ITV HD". You need to go through the epg listings for a channel to see which variant it is. If you are watching a variant on 11067 and your receiver still has the old entries in its database then itv london hd will show on that transponder.

Here is a list of the various ITV HD channels
    Code:
    en.kingofsat.net/detail-itv-hd.php
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

Willo3092 (08-11-20)

BrokenUnusableAccount
    For me the current situation is that some of the ITV HD do have the full name with the region while some do not, and at present "ITV London HD" does exist on my box.
    Later: My box is in a bit of a mess, my ITV SD is the wrong region at the moment. Meridian South when should be Meridian North.
    Last edited by BrokenUnusableAccount; 08-11-20 at 14:05. Reason: add more

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    We have hacks in ABM to add the names. https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoB....xml#L374:L429
    Best I keep it brief to avoid confusing the issue.

On 12363V there are currently only two ITV HD versions. ITV London HD and ITV Merdiian South HD. If you do not use ABM (or use any other method E2 allows to name them), they will both show as ITV HD.

For Skyfan to do.
    1. Clear your 28.2 services. See this thread: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...bital-position
    2. Update ABM provider files using option in ABM
    3. Delete ABM bouquets using option in ABM
    4. Run ABM again

Unless you say something, the assumption will be that you have carried these steps out.

The frequencies and transponder deatil are shown on most skins. Screenshot with details highlighted attached.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (08-11-20),ronand (08-11-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    No action to be taken from this post, just trivia.

11052 Horizontal
    4 x ITV HD
    1 x ITV Wales HD

11097 Vertical
    5 x ITV HD

11067 Vertical
    3 x ITV HD
    1 x STV HD
    1 x UTV HD

12363 Vertical
    2 x ITV HD
    1 x STV HD

12168 Vertical
    1 x ITV HD
    2 x STV HD

16. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Quote Originally Posted by BefuddledBrian View Post
    For me the current situation is that some of the ITV HD do have the full name with the region while some do not, and at present "ITV London HD" does exist on my box.
    Later: My box is in a bit of a mess, my ITV SD is the wrong region at the moment. Meridian South when should be Meridian North.
    I think what's happened is that before every region was on satellite in SD and only some in HD.
    Now it seems that every region is on satellite in HD and only some in SD.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123