Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions about remote control survey

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts

Questions about remote control survey

But I'm not sure what you are trying to find out. These are configuration options. The actual setting is the one "behind" the top entry, and that is set to Default, which doesn't actually tell you which of the (many) options that is.
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 02-11-20 at 12:52.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    This has stemmed from the other thread in Dev section about keymap and DMM remotes. It looks like a large proportion of receivers are showing that they have DMM remotes.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    This has stemmed from the other thread in Dev section about keymap and DMM remotes. It looks like a large proportion of receivers are showing that they have DMM remotes.
    But how can you tell?
    Mine is set to "Default", with no indication as to what that is (but I know it's not a DMM remote).
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    I don't know the answer to your question, not all receivers have configurable remotes. Both your receivers have this, so in is a logical conclusion to assume they all do.

The responses so far have established that many many boxes identify themselves as having DMM remotes. Your question is not applicable to most of them.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    My Mutant HD51 has a list similar to @birdman's above and references the dreambox remote. However, I'm using the standard mutant remote supplied with the box.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (02-11-20)

Title
    Thanks
    My VU+ Uno4K SE shows only one entry :-

dreambox advanced remote control (native)

with a small picture of a silver remote.

OpenWebif shows a nice picture of my black Vu+ remote
    VU+ Uno 4K SE Twin FBC Tuner 1TB HDD - Magic-FHD skin
    TV - LG OLED55CS6LA
    Remote - Logitech Harmony One

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    ...with a small picture of a silver remote.
    I think you'll find that all boxes show the same image of a silver remote.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    I think you'll find that all boxes show the same image of a silver remote.
    Yea and it look like a cheap one LOL

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    But on my Xtrend ET10K box AND my Zgemma H9S if I change the "default" to DMM or DMM advanced the remotes no longer work so one cannot assume that default is a DMM!
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    But on my Xtrend ET10K box AND my Zgemma H9S if I change the "default" to DMM or DMM advanced the remotes no longer work so one cannot assume that default is a DMM!
    Isn't that the problem, some boxes are offering an alternative which doesn't work?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Isn't that the problem, some boxes are offering an alternative which doesn't work?
    Maybe the alternatives would work if you had the remote that matches. This may allow two boxes of the same brand/model to work independently in the same room using two different remotes.
    My Xtrend and Zgemma boxes offer the choice of 22 different remotes with no indication of which is the “default”. I assume that the Xtrend box uses the Xtrend remote as the default and the Zgemma uses its own remote as the default.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Both of my boxes offer a long list of "options", but only "Default" actually works.
    Or rather, only "Default" works with the remote which came with the box.

Title
    Thanks
    My point was that OpenWebif shows a correct picture of the remote supplied with the box, so is this derived from information within the setup or just fetched from a website? I expect that it is just a picture grabbed from the supplier's site by OpenWebif.
    TV - LG OLED55CS6LA

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    My point was that OpenWebif shows a correct picture of the remote supplied with the box, so is this derived from information within the setup or just fetched from a website? I expect that it is just a picture grabbed from the supplier's site by OpenWebif.
    Webif doesn't show the supplied remote for my Zgemma H9S. The buttons on the vitual remote in Webif are mapped to different functions to the functions described on those buttons.
    Pressing help on my suppled h9S remote also brings up a wrong picture of the remote on the TV screen.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    Pressing help on my suppled h9S remote also brings up a wrong picture of the remote on the TV screen.
    Interesting - my help button shows correctly the same picture of the Vu+ remote that OpenWebif displays.
    TV - LG OLED55CS6LA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast