Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LCD Display blank on some plugins

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts

LCD Display blank on some plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Ev0 View Post
    Well clearly you understood my instructions well enough when you posted this: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post502462

As you posted the screenshots yourself.

Anyway the numerical text input seems to be fixed now, I just tested on JMX and Xstreamity so thank you for that.

However the LCD issue remains (but that is off topic again), you can only test this on boxes with an LCD display such as Solo4K, Ultimo4K, Duo4K, Duo4K SE and some other models that have a proper LCD screen (I don't know the names and models of all the boxes).
    Well the Giga4K‘s have a „proper“ LCD screen - and no issues there, so again its a Vu+ issue and you need to be specific
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Well the Giga4K‘s have a „proper“ LCD screen - and no issues there, so again its a Vu+ issue and you need to be specific
    So on the Giga4K when you play a stream you have info on the lcd screen ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    So on the Giga4K when you play a stream you have info on the lcd screen ?
    Cannot answer if that works now, as I no longer have streams on my Giga4K‘s - will try and setup a stream and then test (unless you can supply a stream (if so pm me))
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Cannot answer if that works now, as I no longer have streams on my Giga4K‘s - will try and setup a stream and then test (unless you can supply a stream (if so pm me))
    You have a PM

Title
    Thanks
    I use ATV 6.4 and the display problem is evident on that too.

My 2 cents is that if a plugin uses it own player like xtreamity does then since the screens refactoring update the importing from infobargenerics no longer works.

Plugins usually use something similar to this to define options to show information in the display or on the plugins streamplayer infobar

Code:
    from Screens.InfoBarGenerics import InfoBarSummarySupport, InfoBarMoviePlayerSummarySupport, InfoBarServiceNotifications, InfoBarSeek, InfoBarAudioSelection, InfoBarSubtitleSupport, InfoBarShowHide
    and then simply add a class for the player using the above to init self

This used to work in xtreamity and all other plugins using their own player and the display used to show all the relevant info, that is until IanSav refactored the screens. Since then the display remains blank.

So has something be added in the refactoring that's not been subsequently added to infobargenerics, for plugins to then import ?

Anyway the fact remains that since IanSav's updates no one now has a working display with all OE-A based images when a plugin uses its own onboard player. If a plugin uses the E2 mediaplayer then the display works as it should.

Ian.

Title
    Thanks
    OK so why can't the Screen Refactoring updates be reverted ? Was anything important gained by them ? Because they've broken plugins that have worked for donkeys years on all image types.

We are now in a position whereby if the fix is added then plugins will then only work correctly on OE-A based images, but if it isn't then they will only work correctly on none OE-A images. This is crazy.
    Last edited by ian1095; 25-10-20 at 15:32.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    .... i guess updating the plugins is out of the question? Seems a sensible approach to me.

Title
    Thanks
    As stated, if the fix is added to the plugins ( all plugins using their own Onboard Player and there are loads ) then the plugins will only ever work on OE-A images and not all images as they used to.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ian1095 View Post
    As stated, if the fix is added to the plugins ( all plugins using their own Onboard Player and there are loads ) then the plugins will only ever work on OE-A images and not all images as they used to.
    So are you saying the plugins can't be fixed, or won't be fixed?

Title
    Thanks
    I'm saying that if they are, then they will no longer work on other images as well as OE-A images. I'm also saying that because these updates have broken so many ( all plugins using their own onboard player ) then given these two factors, its most unlikely they will be fixed

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    The display skin code does not necessarily need reverting. A backward compatibility needs to be added. It should be possible. That way plugins using old code will still work and new plugins can use newer and better code.

Title
    Thanks
    Why is it out of the question to update the plug-ins? I think this is a reasonable action.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxMeyer View Post
    Why is it out of the question to update the plug-ins? I think this is a reasonable action.
    It was explained above, if (and it's a big if) all plugins were updated to work with the new code, then they would no longer work with ALL images, and instead only work with oe-a images (there are images that do not use oe-a code too).

Also ontop of that, you are expecting numerous plugin authors (some of which are no longer on the scene and some who may no longer be alive), to update various plugins to work correctly again with oe-a images, but break compatibility with other images, just because someone decided to change some code for no other reason, than because they could.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    .... just because someone decided to change some code for no other reason, than because they could.
    No wonder there are issues if you think that's the only reason.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    No wonder there are issues if you think that's the only reason.
    Ok so why was it changed then, what great purpose was there to changing it and breaking functionality ?

As an end user, I see no difference other than the lcd no longer works.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast